It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Feature 'owningApplicationKey' not found.

Terry Krause (101138) | asked Apr 27 '11, 6:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have a web application using the RTC 3.0 Plain Client Library to access a
RTC 3.0 repository and I can't seem to figure out why I'm getting the following exception. The code worked just fine with RTC 2.x but it seems it needs something more with RTC 3.0. Any ideas?

I'm running the following code when the exception happens:

IProcessItemService service = repositoryResources.getService(teamRepository);

List projectsList = service.findAllProjectAreas(IProcessClientService.ALL_PROPERTIES, monitor);

com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.Resource$IOWrappedException: Feature 'owningApplicationKey' not found. (, 30, 29)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:67)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:522)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.getAppropriateException(RemoteTeamService.java:708)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.executeMethod(RemoteTeamService.java:496)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.invoke(RemoteTeamService.java:201)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ServiceInvocationHandler.java:43)
at $Proxy0.fetchOrRefreshItems(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invokeServiceCall(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:149)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invoke(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:84)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ItemManager$4.run(ItemManager.java:1653)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ItemManager$4.run(ItemManager.java:1)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository$3.run(TeamRepository.java:1169)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.CancelableCaller.call(CancelableCaller.java:79)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.callCancelableService(TeamRepository.java:1162)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamPlatformObject.callCancelableService(TeamPlatformObject.java:41)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ItemManager.internalFetchItems(ItemManager.java:1648)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ItemManager.access$2(ItemManager.java:1606)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ItemManager$AbstractStore.retrieveItems(ItemManager.java:220)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ItemManager$CurrentStore.fetchItems(ItemManager.java:365)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ItemManager.fetchCompleteItems(ItemManager.java:874)
at com.ibm.team.process.internal.client.ProcessClientService.internalFetch(ProcessClientService.java:1002)
at com.ibm.team.process.internal.client.ProcessClientService.findAllProjectAreas(ProcessClientService.java:157)
at com.ibm.rtc.projects.ProjectResources.showProjectListReadySort(ProjectResources.java:192)
at com.ibm.rtc.web.ui.useradmin.AddUserAdminUI$GetProjects.run(AddUserAdminUI.java:666)
Caused by: com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.marshal.MarshallingException: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.Resource$IOWrappedException: Feature 'owningApplicationKey' not found. (, 30, 29)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.marshal.impl.EObjectMarshaller.demarshalInputStreamToObject(EObjectMarshaller.java:486)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.demarshallEnvelope(RemoteTeamService.java:606)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.invokePost(RemoteTeamService.java:532)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.executeMethod(RemoteTeamService.java:471)
... 25 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.Resource$IOWrappedException: Feature 'owningApplicationKey' not found. (, 30, 29)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLLoadImpl.handleErrors(XMLLoadImpl.java:83)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLLoadImpl.load(XMLLoadImpl.java:191)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.marshal.util.WebServicesXMLLoadImpl.load(WebServicesXMLLoadImpl.java:76)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLResourceImpl.doLoad(XMLResourceImpl.java:180)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.marshal.impl.EObjectMarshaller.demarshalInputStreamToObject(EObjectMarshaller.java:483)
... 28 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.FeatureNotFoundException: Feature 'owningApplicationKey' not found. (, 30, 29)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.reportUnknownFeature(XMLHandler.java:1976)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.handleUnknownFeature(XMLHandler.java:1940)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.handleFeature(XMLHandler.java:1884)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.marshal.util.WebServicesSAXXMLHandler.handleFeature(WebServicesSAXXMLHandler.java:61)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.processElement(XMLHandler.java:1023)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.startElement(XMLHandler.java:1001)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.startElement(XMLHandler.java:712)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLLoadImpl.load(XMLLoadImpl.java:181)
... 31 more

7 answers

permanent link
Steven Jin (10697) | answered May 04 '11, 2:17 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you can be sure that you are downloading the SDK from the same place where you download the server install, can you also make sure that you have re-complied your application against the 3.0 SDK?

permanent link
Terry Krause (101138) | answered May 04 '11, 11:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have double checked that the server version (3.0) and the Java API I'm using are the same version. Are there build IDs that I should also check? One JAR has a version/date of xxx_2.2.0.v20101110_2353.
The server has this version information
Change and Configuration Management - Core Libraries 3.0 (RTC-I20101112-1731)
Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries 3.0 (RJF-I20101112-0630)

Are those the same version? The are both 3.0 (not a RC and not an iFix).

With both versions matching, it still provides the previously mentioned error.

I think, first thing to check here would be that there is no version mismatch between the java client and the server (as mentioned above).

Regrads,
Shivank

Even if you are accessing the repository from Java Plain client,this should not have happened..From the exception, it looks that the 'owningApplicationKey' is not a valid property that EMF can recognize..So. please check that the SDK you are using is 3.0 and the project area you are trying to access is also created from 3.0.

permanent link
Shivank Arya (19141) | answered May 04 '11, 1:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think, first thing to check here would be that there is no version mismatch between the java client and the server (as mentioned above).

Regrads,
Shivank

Even if you are accessing the repository from Java Plain client,this should not have happened..From the exception, it looks that the 'owningApplicationKey' is not a valid property that EMF can recognize..So. please check that the SDK you are using is 3.0 and the project area you are trying to access is also created from 3.0.

permanent link
Thomas Yu (45183) | answered May 04 '11, 12:55 a.m.

permanent link
Andy Berner (61127) | answered May 03 '11, 10:40 a.m.
We ran into the same error. One thing to check is that you've downloaded the version of the Jazz Plain Java Client that matches the RTC server you're using. They have to match exactly, and each milestone/beta/release of RTC has a download for the corresponding version of the JPJC.

permanent link
Terry Krause (101138) | answered Apr 28 '11, 10:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Does that mean that I have to register my web application in JTS? Or are you saying that because I am using the java plain client libraries to access the repository that it should already be authorized because it is essentially the RTC client accessing the repository?

In either case, is there something I can do to fix this? Do I need to change something in my code, on the RTC repository, or somewhere else?

Hi,

This should not have happened.

owningApplicationKey is an internal key generated by JTS and provided to it's registered applications (RTC, RRC, RQM). It is used for managing information of applications in JTS. It is absolutely opaque to the client/user and is exchanged internally between the client and the server. It was introduced in 3.0 release.

The client need not worry about it.

*All that needs to be done is to invoke the APIs of the sever from within the context of the application* This means that it should be authorized request. Is this being followed?

Regards,
Shivank
Jazz Development Team

RTC 3.0 repository and I can't seem to figure out why I'm getting the following exception. The code worked just fine with RTC 2.x but it seems it needs something more with RTC 3.0. Any ideas?

List projectsList = service.findAllProjectAreas(IProcessClientService.ALL_PROPERTIES, monitor);

com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.Resource$IOWrappedException: Feature 'owningApplicationKey' not found. (, 30, 29)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:67)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.getAppropriateException(RemoteTeamService.java:708)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.executeMethod(RemoteTeamService.java:496)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.invoke(RemoteTeamService.java:201)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ServiceInvocationHandler.java:43)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invokeServiceCall(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:149)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invoke(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:84)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ItemManager$4.run(ItemManager.java:1653)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ItemManager$4.run(ItemManager.java:1)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository$3.run(TeamRepository.java:1169)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.CancelableCaller.call(CancelableCaller.java:79)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.callCancelableService(TeamRepository.java:1162)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamPlatformObject.callCancelableService(TeamPlatformObject.java:41)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ItemManager.internalFetchItems(ItemManager.java:1648)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ItemManager.access$2(ItemManager.java:1606)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ItemManager$AbstractStore.retrieveItems(ItemManager.java:220)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ItemManager$CurrentStore.fetchItems(ItemManager.java:365)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ItemManager.fetchCompleteItems(ItemManager.java:874)
at com.ibm.team.process.internal.client.ProcessClientService.internalFetch(ProcessClientService.java:1002)
at com.ibm.team.process.internal.client.ProcessClientService.findAllProjectAreas(ProcessClientService.java:157)
at com.ibm.rtc.projects.ProjectResources.showProjectListReadySort(ProjectResources.java:192)
at com.ibm.rtc.web.ui.useradmin.AddUserAdminUI$GetProjects.run(AddUserAdminUI.java:666)
Caused by: com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.marshal.MarshallingException: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.Resource$IOWrappedException: Feature 'owningApplicationKey' not found. (, 30, 29)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.marshal.impl.EObjectMarshaller.demarshalInputStreamToObject(EObjectMarshaller.java:486)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.demarshallEnvelope(RemoteTeamService.java:606)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.invokePost(RemoteTeamService.java:532)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.executeMethod(RemoteTeamService.java:471)
... 25 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.Resource$IOWrappedException: Feature 'owningApplicationKey' not found. (, 30, 29)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.marshal.util.WebServicesXMLLoadImpl.load(WebServicesXMLLoadImpl.java:76)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLResourceImpl.doLoad(XMLResourceImpl.java:180)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.marshal.impl.EObjectMarshaller.demarshalInputStreamToObject(EObjectMarshaller.java:483)
... 28 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.FeatureNotFoundException: Feature 'owningApplicationKey' not found. (, 30, 29)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.reportUnknownFeature(XMLHandler.java:1976)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.handleUnknownFeature(XMLHandler.java:1940)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.handleFeature(XMLHandler.java:1884)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.marshal.util.WebServicesSAXXMLHandler.handleFeature(WebServicesSAXXMLHandler.java:61)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.processElement(XMLHandler.java:1023)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
... 31 more

permanent link
Shivank Arya (19141) | answered Apr 28 '11, 4:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

This should not have happened.

owningApplicationKey is an internal key generated by JTS and provided to it's registered applications (RTC, RRC, RQM). It is used for managing information of applications in JTS. It is absolutely opaque to the client/user and is exchanged internally between the client and the server. It was introduced in 3.0 release.

The client need not worry about it.

*All that needs to be done is to invoke the APIs of the sever from within the context of the application* This means that it should be authorized request. Is this being followed?

Regards,
Shivank
Jazz Development Team

... 25 more
... 28 more
... 31 more

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.