It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to Refresh a Project Area

Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | asked Apr 27 '11, 7:41 a.m.
Hi,
I'm having some problem to refresh a project data. I modify an Editor presentation using plain api and then save it using an IProjectAreaWorkingCopy object. My modification appears on process configuration editor but if I try to create a new work-item I can't see modification in editor until I refresh the ProjectArea on client.

How can I do it programmatically? Which class/method can I use?

Thanks,
Michele.

2 answers

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Apr 27 '11, 1:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The changes are not visible to the process runtime (and thus to the work items creation user interface) until you save the project area. The configuration editor works off the working copy, but the runtime (and the creation ui) do not.

You must use the saveProcessItems method on IProcessItemService if you are running in the client.

Martha
Jazz Developer, Process component

Hi,
I'm having some problem to refresh a project data. I modify an Editor presentation using plain api and then save it using an IProjectAreaWorkingCopy object. My modification appears on process configuration editor but if I try to create a new work-item I can't see modification in editor until I refresh the ProjectArea on client.

Thanks,
Michele.

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered May 03 '11, 8:10 a.m.
Thank you very much, I'm going to test it.

Best regards,
Michele.

The changes are not visible to the process runtime (and thus to the work items creation user interface) until you save the project area. The configuration editor works off the working copy, but the runtime (and the creation ui) do not.

You must use the saveProcessItems method on IProcessItemService if you are running in the client.

Martha
Jazz Developer, Process component

Hi,

Thanks,
Michele.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.