It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to change component name

Arun Sathiamurthy (5675) | asked Apr 25 '11, 4:07 a.m.
I have created a project area from a default process template. Then i tried changing the component name and I got the following error
----------------------------------------------------
Problem
You don't have permission to Save Component .

Reason
In order to carry out this operation, you would need permission to perform the following additional actions:
Action: ID:
Modify the component name modify/component/attributes/name
----------------------------------------------------------
I have enabled the required permissions on the team config section - The user is assigned team lead role and has the permission for "modify component name" enabled.

Where am I going wrong ?

Thanks
Arun

3 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Apr 26 '11, 11:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks for the reply. The stream was owned by project area and I had given permissions at the team level. I changed the ownership of the stream to team area and the delivery got through.

Out of curiosity - what is the recommended standard - Should streams\components be owned by project area or team area ? How do you decide which way to go ?
If you want to customize the permissions on a team level, you would change ownership to the team area. Otherwise, it's fine to leave ownership with the project area.

In 3.0.1, it is also possible to restrict component access to the team area. Before, the project area's access permissions were used to determine if a user had access to a component even if the owner was a team area.

permanent link
Arun Sathiamurthy (5675) | answered Apr 26 '11, 10:04 a.m.
Thanks for the reply. The stream was owned by project area and I had given permissions at the team level. I changed the ownership of the stream to team area and the delivery got through.

Out of curiosity - what is the recommended standard - Should streams\components be owned by project area or team area ? How do you decide which way to go ?

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Apr 26 '11, 9:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have created a project area from a default process template. Then i tried changing the component name and I got the following error
----------------------------------------------------
Problem
You don't have permission to Save Component .

Reason
In order to carry out this operation, you would need permission to perform the following additional actions:
Action: ID:
Modify the component name modify/component/attributes/name
----------------------------------------------------------
I have enabled the required permissions on the team config section - The user is assigned team lead role and has the permission for "modify component name" enabled.

Where am I going wrong ?

Thanks
Arun
Check the owner of the component. If the owner is the project area and you gave the permission with the team area, I don't think that works. You have to give the permission to modify components in the project area or assign the team area as the component owner.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.