It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

'TypeError: _4d.presentations[0] is undefined' after change

Danny Beerens (801827) | asked Apr 14 '11, 7:53 a.m.
After changing the presentations of Task and Defect (from Formal Project Template) type work items, I get a 'TypeError: _4d.presentations is undefined' error message in FireFox and 'TypeError: presentations.0.attributeId is null or not an object' in IE when I try to create a Task or Defect.
Displaying an already existing Task or Defect in the browser is no problem.

Changed presentations work fine in the Eclipse Client when creating or displaying Tasks or Defects. No problem there when I create a Task or Defect.

Changes applied:
1. Swapped Time Tracking (in separate Time Tracking-tab) with Discussion (on Overview-tab); Time Tracking now in Overview-tab, Discussions in Discussion-tab.
2. Swapped Quick Information (Quick Information) with Quick Information (Time Tracking) on Overview-tab.
Duplicated and changed the initial 'com.ibm.team.workitem.editor.default' presentation to 'com.ibm.team.workitem.editor.default.pp.task' (for Task) and 'com.ibm.team.workitem.editor.default.pp.defect' (for Defect).
Duplicated and changed the parts in the presentation that needed changing. All got either '.pp.task' or '.pp.defect' added to original presentation id.
3. Removed a number of attributes for Tasks (hence the 2 diff. presentations)

I used the Presentation Editor to make all changes, so I don't understand where and when I failed to set an attributeId.

Familiar problem? Did I miss anything?
Or do I need to submit a bug?

3 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 19 '11, 4:05 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It is likely that you cannot build a process template in a 3.0.1
environment, and then use it in a V3.0 environment. We'd need someone
from the process team to confirm/deny that speculation.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 9/19/2011 3:08 PM, darshan wrote:
Did any know how to resolve this problem? We are facing exactly the
same problem but that is when we did manual merge of three process
template having three different workitems customization. We have
built the process template using RTC 3.0.1 and imported this in RTC
3.0 environment. It works fine in RTC 3.0.1 Web UI environment but
throwing exactly the same error from RTC 3.0 Web UI. I think we did
some mistake in manual merge but what mistake is need to be find out
and need to fixed. Appreciate your quick help if any one knows the
solution.

permanent link
Darshan Patel (7133) | answered Sep 19 '11, 2:39 p.m.
Did any know how to resolve this problem? We are facing exactly the same problem but that is when we did manual merge of three process template having three different workitems customization. We have built the process template using RTC 3.0.1 and imported this in RTC 3.0 environment. It works fine in RTC 3.0.1 Web UI environment but throwing exactly the same error from RTC 3.0 Web UI. I think we did some mistake in manual merge but what mistake is need to be find out and need to fixed. Appreciate your quick help if any one knows the solution.

permanent link
Danny Beerens (801827) | answered Apr 15 '11, 7:37 a.m.
Did not receive any replies and project needed to progress, so I've started from scratch.
Implemented all required changes again: This time, no problems.

I really don't have a clue what went wrong the first time.
If anyone has any idea what I could have done wrong here, please let me know.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.