It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] All Project, Team, Mini dashboards reset to thier default

Paul Romanus (3355) | asked Apr 12 '11, 10:45 a.m.
closed Feb 24 '21, 3:29 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
On version 3 on our production environment, the JTS lost connection to Jazz so we had to restart the JTS and restored the connection, however all dashboards were reset to their defaults. Nothing in the logs.

A P1 PMR has been raised but we're desperate to get this information restored.

Is there a location in the backend database where the dashboard configuration is held ? Can we restore from a backup the information held in that location ? Hopefully a dashboard is held as a set of relatively simple textual configuration data ?

Help/ideas gratefully received.

The question has been closed for the following reason: "Problem is not reproducible or outdated" by rschoon Feb 24 '21, 3:29 a.m.

8 answers

permanent link
SimonP T (5622) | answered May 10 '11, 11:45 a.m.
Hi,

Thanks again for the lightening fast forum reflexes :-)

I've not had the chance to try this out, but for reference this is an Upgrade to a Distributed JTS keeping the context of the RTC server set to Jazz.

I'm not sure if what you saying is valid in our case as the paths are relative to the physical box their installed on (I guess?)

We will attempt this in the morning

Thanks, Simon

We made sure the paths in the teamserver.properties of JTS are pointing to directories that are different from the paths in the teamserver.properties of CCM
I have not looked at the data yet, @krzys will involve me if needed

permanent link
Christophe Elek (2.9k13021) | answered May 10 '11, 11:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please can you clarify what you did to correct this i.e.: was it to ensure that the RDF live index and the RDF history index pointed to different folders?
Thanks, Simon

We made sure the paths in the teamserver.properties of JTS are pointing to directories that are different from the paths in the teamserver.properties of CCM
I have not looked at the data yet, @krzys will involve me if needed

permanent link
SimonP T (5622) | answered May 10 '11, 11:28 a.m.
We forgot to close:
The issue was solved when the RDF index path for both JTS and CCM server were setup to point to different directories
The issue was that , they were pointing to the same directory...

2011-04-12 21:04:23,409 INFO com.ibm.team.jfs - CRJZS5452I RDF live index location: /rtc_01/tc-rtc/PRD3/indices/jfs-rdfindex
2011-04-12 21:04:23,409 INFO com.ibm.team.jfs - CRJZS5451I RDF history index location: /rtc_01/tc-rtc/PRD3/indices/jfs-rdfhistory

Hi,

Thanks for that. For our particular problem (which had the same outcome) we found that the team properties file for both JTS and RTC servers where identical and point to different directories

Please can you clarify what you did to correct this i.e.: was it to ensure that the RDF live index and the RDF history index pointed to different folders?

You've seen (internally) the AVP customer PMR so I have not repeated the description here. However, is there anything we need to check to ensure that the Dashboards are restored. The effect being that they have all been Reset to Default upon migration from V2.x to V3.0 iFix 1 and the side-occurrence of the JTS server failing and requiring a redeploy.

Thanks, Simon

permanent link
Christophe Elek (2.9k13021) | answered May 10 '11, 11:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We forgot to close:
The issue was solved when the RDF index path for both JTS and CCM server were setup to point to different directories
The issue was that , they were pointing to the same directory...

2011-04-12 21:04:23,409 INFO com.ibm.team.jfs - CRJZS5452I RDF live index location: /rtc_01/tc-rtc/PRD3/indices/jfs-rdfindex
2011-04-12 21:04:23,409 INFO com.ibm.team.jfs - CRJZS5451I RDF history index location: /rtc_01/tc-rtc/PRD3/indices/jfs-rdfhistory

permanent link
Daniel martin (10122926) | answered Apr 12 '11, 3:09 p.m.
Grand, thanks for the reply. My collegue has copied the requested directories for future analysis

Support will contact you, we believe we have something to help and restore the dashboards

I am part of the HSBC team waiting for a solution to this. Can someone please contact me with the latest update. My email address daniel.r.martin@us.hsbc.com

permanent link
Christophe Elek (2.9k13021) | answered Apr 12 '11, 2:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Grand, thanks for the reply. My collegue has copied the requested directories for future analysis

Support will contact you, we believe we have something to help and restore the dashboards

permanent link
Paul Romanus (3355) | answered Apr 12 '11, 12:31 p.m.

permanent link
Christophe Elek (2.9k13021) | answered Apr 12 '11, 11:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Paul,
We have received the PMR and we are working on it
We believe we know how to solve the issue but we need to verify each step
In the mean time, can you copy all the indexes on the server (the indexes directories) in case we need to analyze them after we fix the issue ?

Chris ELEK
RTC Maintenance - L3