It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to get the rich text hover on my tree viewer.

Bharath Raja (1633) | asked Apr 12 '11, 9:30 a.m.
Hi,

I'm using RTC for developing my plug-in and I want to implement the Rich Text Hover feature (or whatever name it has) in my plug-in. I noticed that in RTC if we hovering the mouse on items in Team Artifacts view (tree viewer actually) some tool-tip like window pop-up and if we press F2 the window getting focused and that component is completely different from prior tool-tip like window. I want to implement this feature in my tree viewer.

As a first step I'm able display some information while hovering the mouse on item of tree viewer using jface's hover style pop-up dialog.

I have the below questions before proceeding the current progress.

1. Is that right what I've done so far (display info on jface's pop-up dialog)?

2. If the first window while we hover over the mouse is jface's pop-up dialog, how can we display html information within that

3. What is the name of the component pop-up after we press F2 ? Is that a swt/jface component?

4. Is there any specific class/interface to implement this feature?

5. Has anyone give me a simple example to achieve this?

After a long search on google only I've raised this question here, since the google search doesn't help me.

2 answers

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Apr 19 '11, 12:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The rich text hovers in the Jazz Eclipse UI are instances of com.ibm.team.jface.preview.IDomainAdaptor and are registered using the
com.ibm.team.jface.domainAdapter extension point.

This article may help you:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/IntroducingJazzArtifact#Showing_a_rich_Tooltip_for_Tasks

Martha
Jazz Developer, Process Component

Anyone help me on this please :cry:

permanent link
Bharath Raja (1633) | answered Apr 19 '11, 4:38 a.m.
Anyone help me on this please :cry:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.