It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

cannot be interpreted as item identifiers (UUIDs)

David Doughty (1812219) | asked Apr 11 '11, 8:40 a.m.
I have a 3rd party integration that processes email into RTC, using the sync rules to create work items. We recently started deploying projects onto new RTC3.0 instances while we prep for upgrade of 2.0 to 3.0.

I now appear to have a problem mapping an external field to the internal field TEAM (Category). Which gives me the following exception.....

java.lang.RuntimeException: The value "WIBBLE" for property "Category" is invalid, because it cannot be interpreted as item identifiers (UUIDs).

This seems to appear when trying to map to WI Categories which are nested? I have other PAs using standard Filed Against and single categories which work fine.

I know that the value WIBBLE is a defeined Work Item Category in the project area, so what I dont know is how that work item category resolves to a UUID?

All I want is to be able to idenfity valid values in the Work Items Categories. Short of writing some code to integrogate RTC, can anyone tell me how I resolve this problem?

2 answers

permanent link
David Doughty (1812219) | answered Apr 11 '11, 10:13 a.m.
Thanks john,

I forgot to use the Work Item Category Transformer!!!

What a muppet!

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Apr 11 '11, 9:37 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please see the documentation on defining a mapping for work item categories at

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0/topic/com.ibm.team.connector.cq.doc/topics/t_edit_synch_rules_for_categories.html

There are multiple ways to map something to a category, but whatever you do has to result in the UUID of a Category object in the RTC database being identified. If you are just trying to map some string value in the external system to the name of a category, you need to use the Work Item Category Transformer. It does the job of finding the Category item by name.

I have a 3rd party integration that processes email into RTC, using the sync rules to create work items. We recently started deploying projects onto new RTC3.0 instances while we prep for upgrade of 2.0 to 3.0.

I now appear to have a problem mapping an external field to the internal field TEAM (Category). Which gives me the following exception.....

java.lang.RuntimeException: The value "WIBBLE" for property "Category" is invalid, because it cannot be interpreted as item identifiers (UUIDs).

This seems to appear when trying to map to WI Categories which are nested? I have other PAs using standard Filed Against and single categories which work fine.

I know that the value WIBBLE is a defeined Work Item Category in the project area, so what I dont know is how that work item category resolves to a UUID?

All I want is to be able to idenfity valid values in the Work Items Categories. Short of writing some code to integrogate RTC, can anyone tell me how I resolve this problem?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.