It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

jdtCompileLogPublisher task doesn't publish @dot.log

Samuel Wu (2142) | asked Apr 01 '11, 2:29 p.m.
My build collected all the java compile logs from plugins and put them to a directory in following structure.
root directory contains a plugins directory. Plugin directory contain plugin1, plugin2.... In plugin1 directory, there is a log file @dot.log.
It was found that the messages in the file @dot.log were not published.
It only publish the messages if there is a runtime directory in the plugin directory.

pdeBuild="true" is set in the ant task.

Can you please provide some suggestion on how to make it work?
Thanks a lot.

Regards, Samuel Wu

2 answers

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Apr 04 '11, 4:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
My build collected all the java compile logs from plugins and put them to a directory in following structure.
root directory contains a plugins directory. Plugin directory contain plugin1, plugin2.... In plugin1 directory, there is a log file @dot.log.
It was found that the messages in the file @dot.log were not published.
It only publish the messages if there is a runtime directory in the plugin directory.

pdeBuild="true" is set in the ant task.

Can you please provide some suggestion on how to make it work?
Thanks a lot.

Regards, Samuel Wu

Hi Samuel,

If the pdeBuild attribute is set to true, it looks for files with a file suffix of '.bin.log' or '.bin.xml' in the directory specified. In a non-PDE environment, file names ending with '.log' or '.xml' are assumed to be log files.

Brent Ulbricht
Developer/Lead - RTC Build

permanent link
Samuel Wu (2142) | answered Apr 08 '11, 3:36 p.m.
Thank you so much, Brent. Once I removed pdeBuild, it works fine.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.