It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Wrong time stamps are generated by teamLastModified ant task

Samuel Wu (2142) | asked Apr 01 '11, 10:04 a.m.
Hello there,
I'm running the following ant task to collect the last modified information from the plugin to update the timestamp of the plugin version.
<teamLastModified
repositoryAddress="${repositoryAddress}"
userId="${userId}"
passwordFile="${passwordFile}"
workspaceName="${workspaceName}"
outputPropertiesFile="${buildDirectory}/../jazzBuilds/logs/modified.properties"
sourceDirectory="${team.scm.fetchDestination}"
verbose="true" />
It works fine until I created a new stream to start a maintenance build. Here is the scenario.
1. Let's say the plugin was last changed on date A before the product was released
2. When the main stream came to release, a snapshot was taken. Let's say on date B.
3. The development keeps going on the main stream and new code gets into main stream.
4. When it's decided to ship a maintenance for the release, I need to get a stream from the release date B because the main stream contains the code which should not be included.
5. I create a new stream from the snapshot taken on date B and I was shocked to find that all the last updated time stamps were moved to date B. This means all the plugins would be reshipped in the fix pack.
6. I also tried to create a stream from snapshot of the build workspace. I got the same result

Is there something I can do to get the right date, which is date A?
Thanks.

Best Regards

Samuel Wu

2 answers

permanent link
Samuel Wu (2142) | answered Apr 01 '11, 11:43 a.m.
Can you please advise what is the RTC solution for the case of the interim fix? In this case, only the updated/changed plugin should be re-shipped. Thanks.
Samuel Wu

permanent link
John Camelon (1.7k14) | answered Apr 01 '11, 11:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Unfortunately, no. The last mod times are defined by the time of the last baseline that touched the folder.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.