It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can't get execution schdeule to automatically kickoff tests

Greg Hodgkinson (2092119) | asked Mar 24 '11, 12:40 p.m.
I'm running the m13 version of RRC/RTC/RQM and very impressed with the cross tool integrations.

But then I got to trying to use a test schedule to kickoff a test execution record (for a manual test to keep it simple) .. and for the life of me can't get it to work.

I've got:
- a test case with a manual test script
- builds coming through from RTC (have done all the integration required for this)
- a execution schedule that is configured to be kicked off on a successful (OK) build status
- my manual test execution record as a step in this execution schedule

I trigger builds in RTC, which are listed in RQM, but no luck with any builds being kicked off.

Is this broken in m13? Or is there something I'm missing?

Any help would be much appreciated.

2 answers

permanent link
Greg Hodgkinson (2092119) | answered Mar 24 '11, 12:42 p.m.
I've also created manual build definitions and builds to see if that would work (reduce number of parts involved) and still no luck.

What is it that actually triggers the execution schedule? I assume a build on the right build definition whose status is as per execution schedule (in my case success (OK))?

Anything else required?

permanent link
Greg Hodgkinson (2092119) | answered Mar 25 '11, 6:00 a.m.
I created an execution schedule kicked off by a time-event rather than build-event and that triggered the tests fine.

So it looks like the problem is in the actual trigger mechanism based on a build arriving.

I did a bit more searching around on jazz.net and eventually found the following defect (still open)..

http://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=46118

So this looks like a known problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.