It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Questions on Jazz CC/CQ connectors

Christian Lague (652) | asked Jun 13 '07, 3:41 p.m.
HI,

Looked at the connectors, very interesting, few questions:

- which version Eclipse supported, seems only 3.3, would be an issue as not supported by other Rational tools (e.g. RSA) ?

- Can sync with CLI , i.e. not using Jazz client ?

- Can trigger auto-sync by Jazz event, e.g. each time a chg set is delivered to the Jazz "CC integration stream", sync it with CC so you have one UCM activity per chg set ?

- Refactoring handling (e.g. file rename or moved in Jazz or CC, what happen in the other system ?)

- When using the CC+CQ UCM and Jazz/CQ+CC connectors, will UCM activities created automatically when a work item created in Jazz ? Will chg set relfected in CQ ? Basically after I sync with CC, will I see one UCM actiivty + chg set for stuff done in Jazz ? Doubt since not all Jazz versions bring to CC.

- When is CC/CQ connectors ready ? Hear Beta version around September. How stable/tested will this be, support provided, usable for a small production team ?

- Assume creating the mapping between UCM view and Jazz require both ClearCase and Jazz client installed ?

Thanks !

Christian Lague
Manager EMC CM/RH/PI, Member of SCM M&T Team

Ericsson Communications Canada
EMC/QRI/TC
8500 Decarie Blvd
H4P 2N2, Montreal, Canada
www.ericsson.com

Office: +1 514 461 6004
Fax: +1 514 345 7979
Mobile: +1 514 806 3651
Email: christian.lague@ericsson.com

One answer

permanent link
Peter Klenk (46) | answered Jun 19 '07, 11:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
- which version Eclipse supported, seems only 3.3, would be an issue as not supported by other Rational tools (e.g. RSA) ?

Jazz currently depends on Eclipse 3.3M7, which is a newer version than used by RSA et al 7.0.

- Can sync with CLI , i.e. not using Jazz client ?

Not currently, but this would be a good enhancement request to submit as a work item (https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Project#perspective=Work%20Items&action=newWorkItem). Please set the category to "Interop SCM".

- Can trigger auto-sync by Jazz event, e.g. each time a chg set is delivered to the Jazz "CC integration stream", sync it with CC so you have one UCM activity per chg set ?

Not currently. The intent of Jazz-ClearCase connectors is to sync interesting configurations rather than every change. The complete SCM history can get very large, and since both Jazz and ClearCase have tools for introspecting and managing that history, it seems desirable to limit the synchronization to configurations (i.e. baselines) that would normally be shared between projects or teams.

- Refactoring handling (e.g. file rename or moved in Jazz or CC, what happen in the other system ?)

Jazz source control and ClearCase both support versioning of the file namespace, so rename and move are handled correctly (as rename and move) during synchronization.

- When using the CC+CQ UCM and Jazz/CQ+CC connectors, will UCM activities created automatically when a work item created in Jazz ? Will chg set relfected in CQ ? Basically after I sync with CC, will I see one UCM actiivty + chg set for stuff done in Jazz ? Doubt since not all Jazz versions bring to CC.

Each time sync runs it creates a new UCM activity in ClearCase to receive the incoming changes from Jazz, and a new Jazz change set is created (per component) to receive the incoming changes from ClearCase. I dont think you can sync to a ClearQuest-enabled UCM stream with the current beta software.

- When is CC/CQ connectors ready ? Hear Beta version around September. How stable/tested will this be, support provided, usable for a small production team ?

The 0.6 release plan (https://jazz.net/development/DevelopmentItem.jsp?href=content/project/plans/jazz-plan-0.6.html) is a good source for this type of information. Currently the team has only committed to incubator-level support for the ClearCase and ClearQuest connectors in version 0.6 of the platform.

- Assume creating the mapping between UCM view and Jazz require both ClearCase and Jazz client installed ?

Yes, the connector code is installed into a Jazz client where the synchronization will run and requires that ClearCase be installed and running on that host.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.