It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Template and encoding

Sylvain LEQUEUX (2132728) | asked Mar 23 '11, 6:21 a.m.
Hi,

We created our process template which contains special character (french character such as '' or ''). We developped this template using a test instance of RTC and need to transfert it to the production environment.

The procedure to follow is to export the template to a ZIP archive and import it in the destination instance of RTC.

My problem appears in the import action. When I import it from the eclipse based client, the template is correct, but when I import it from the web UI client, all the special character have been corrupted.

For example, '' becomes ''.

Do you have any idea where it could come from ? I already check that my web browser is in UTF-8 charset.

Regards,
Sylvain

One answer

permanent link
Sylvain LEQUEUX (2132728) | answered Mar 24 '11, 10:10 a.m.
I tried exporting and re-importing the process template in the same browser instance in the same environment with no change in the configuration. The encoding is still in error.

I think there could be a bug while uploading the ZIP archive.
In fact, the ZIP archive contains files in UTF-8 and seems to be interpreted in another charset (the character '' encoded in UTF-8 is interpreted as '' in ansi charset).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.