It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Validating process specification XML

Markus Nosse (15112828) | asked Mar 16 '11, 9:33 a.m.
Hi,

I have to validate process specification XML prior to deploying these files into a project area. To do so, I use the top-level schema file ProcessSpecification.xsd and collect additional schema files from various extension points (namely configuration points, operation advisors and operation participants).

When I now invoke the the Java XML parser on a process specification XML file, the parser complains about problems in some schema files which are distributed with RTC (2.0.0.2 iFix 6). As a result, parts of the process specification which are supposed to be validated these problematic schema files, are actually skipped.

(You can also observe symptoms of these invalid schemas in the Eclipse Client: Configure the required approvals precondition, switch to the process specification source and you'll notice that you do have neither code completion nor syntax validation in the editor.)

Kind regards,
Markus

Here is the list of schema files which cannot be parsed:
- Error: URI=platform:/plugin/com.ibm.team.dashboard.service/schema/entries.xsd Line=24: s4s-elt-schema-ns: The namespace of element 'element' must be from the schema namespace, 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'.

- Error: URI=platform:/plugin/com.ibm.team.apt.service/schema/complexityAttribute.xsd Line=31: src-resolve.4.2: Error resolving component 'complexityAttribute'. It was detected that 'complexityAttribute' is in namespace 'http://com.ibm.team.apt/workItemProgressMode', but components from this namespace are not referenceable from schema document 'platform:/plugin/com.ibm.team.apt.service/schema/complexityAttribute.xsd'. If this is the incorrect namespace, perhaps the prefix of 'complexityAttribute' needs to be changed. If this is the correct namespace, then an appropriate 'import' tag should be added to 'platform:/plugin/com.ibm.team.apt.service/schema/complexityAttribute.xsd'.

- Error: URI=platform:/plugin/com.ibm.team.apt.service/schema/planTypes.xsd Line=12: src-resolve.4.2: Error resolving component 'planType-configuration'. It was detected that 'planType-configuration' is in namespace 'http://com.ibm.team.apt.configuration/planItems', but components from this namespace are not referenceable from schema document 'platform:/plugin/com.ibm.team.apt.service/schema/planTypes.xsd'. If this is the incorrect namespace, perhaps the prefix of 'planType-configuration' needs to be changed. If this is the correct namespace, then an appropriate 'import' tag should be added to 'platform:/plugin/com.ibm.team.apt.service/schema/planTypes.xsd'.

- Error: URI=platform:/plugin/com.ibm.team.workitem.service/schema/requiredApprovals.xsd Line=31: src-resolve: Cannot resolve the name 'requiredPropertiesType' to a(n) 'type definition' component.

- Error: URI=platform:/plugin/com.ibm.team.filesystem.service.workitems/schema/protectClosedChangeSets.xsd Line=19: src-resolve.4.2: Error resolving component 'protectCloseChangeSetsType'. It was detected that 'protectCloseChangeSetsType' is in namespace 'http://com.ibm.team.process/server/requireWorkItem', but components from this namespace are not referenceable from schema document 'platform:/plugin/com.ibm.team.filesystem.service.workitems/schema/protectClosedChangeSets.xsd'. If this is the incorrect namespace, perhaps the prefix of 'protectCloseChangeSetsType' needs to be changed. If this is the correct namespace, then an appropriate 'import' tag should be added to 'platform:/plugin/com.ibm.team.filesystem.service.workitems/schema/protectClosedChangeSets.xsd'.

3 answers

permanent link
Markus Nosse (15112828) | answered Mar 24 '11, 10:16 a.m.
See also defect 159068 filed against RTC.

Kind regards,
Markus

permanent link
Markus Nosse (15112828) | answered Mar 17 '11, 12:22 p.m.
On 03/17/2011 04:16 PM, huangqf@cn.ibm.com wrote:
Let me try to understand your problem: you are using RTC2.0.0.2 ifix6
and you get some validation errors in Process Configuration Source
editor after you add some preconditions to some operation. If this is
your problem, which operation and which preconditions are you using?

Thanks for looking into this problem! I'll try to explain:

The operation I have configured preconditions for is "work item save
(server)". If you configure the "Required Properties" precondition,
validation works fine (see attached screen-shot). In contrast, if you
configure the "Required Approvals" precondition, validation does not work.

My guess why validation for the required approvals precondition is not
working is that the corresponding schema file
(platform:/plugin/com.ibm.team.workitem.service/schema/requiredApprovals.xsd)
contains an error as you can see in my original post.

Kind regards,
Markus

permanent link
Qiong Feng Huang (76911610) | answered Mar 17 '11, 7:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Let me try to understand your problem: you are using RTC2.0.0.2 ifix6 and
you get some validation errors in Process Configuration Source editor
after you add some preconditions to some operation. If this is your
problem, which operation and which preconditions are you using?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.