It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Get full path name for IVersionableHandle

Jeff Care (1.0k3833) | asked Mar 14 '11, 4:50 p.m.
edited Oct 12 '17, 1:24 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

Assume I have an IVersionableHandle <b:ab332a6966> and </b:ab332a6966> its associated IConfiguration context: what's when best way to determine the path name of the referenced IVersionable?

I'm currently walking the tree with getParent (see code below) but I'm wondering if there's a better way.

private String getCanonicalName &#40;IVersionableHandle versionable, final IConfiguration context&#41; throws TeamRepositoryException &#123;

final Deque&lt;String&gt; path = new LinkedList&lt;String&gt; &#40;&#41;;

while &#40;versionable != null&#41; &#123;

final IVersionable currentItem = context.fetchCompleteItem &#40;versionable, getMonitor &#40;&#41;&#41;;

final String name = currentItem.getName &#40;&#41;;
if &#40;name.length &#40;&#41; &gt; 0&#41;
path.push &#40;name&#41;;

versionable = currentItem.getParent &#40;&#41;;
&#125;

final StringBuilder result = new StringBuilder &#40;&#41;;
for &#40;final Iterator&lt;String&gt; segment = path.iterator &#40;&#41;; segment.hasNext &#40;&#41;;&#41; &#123;

result.append &#40;segment.next &#40;&#41;&#41;;

if &#40;segment.hasNext &#40;&#41;&#41;
result.append &#40;'/'&#41;;
&#125;

return result.toString &#40;&#41;;
&#125;

Accepted answer

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Mar 15 '11, 11:22 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think the IConfiguration#locateAncestors method will give you the path of the versionable.
Jeff Care selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jeff Care commented Aug 17 '12, 10:10 a.m.

Awesome, that worked, thanks.

In our present SCM system "ancestor" has an entirely different meaning so I didn't even look at that method; that's what I get for viewing RTC through the lens of what we're already used to...

2 other answers

permanent link
Andrea Gabrielli (1111) | answered Apr 05 '11, 7:04 a.m.
Hi,
the example

https://jazz.net/wiki/pub/Main/RTCSDK20_ProcessPreConditionExample/advisor-example.zip

resolved my problem.

Andrea

Nexen
Business Consultant

Hi,
I'm trying to do the same on a postop delivery server-side plugin.
How can I obtain IConfiguration?

Thanks,
Andrea

Nexen
Business Consultant

I think the IConfiguration#locateAncestors method will give you the path of the versionable.

In our present SCM system &quot;ancestor&quot; has an entirely different meaning so I didn't even look at that method; that's what I get for viewing RTC through the lens of what we're already used to...

permanent link
Andrea Gabrielli (1111) | answered Apr 04 '11, 10:59 a.m.
Hi,
I'm trying to do the same on a postop delivery server-side plugin.
How can I obtain IConfiguration?

Thanks,
Andrea

Nexen
Business Consultant

In our present SCM system &quot;ancestor&quot; has an entirely different meaning so I didn't even look at that method; that's what I get for viewing RTC through the lens of what we're already used to...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.