It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Remove Component from Rep. Workspace with deliver?

Stephan Arenswald (867) | asked Mar 14 '11, 4:53 a.m.
retagged Dec 13 '13, 2:22 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Hi all,

I removed a component from my repository workspace using the repository workspace editor --> button "Remove" at the right side of the component list. Now, in the pending changes view I see this component under the repository workspace with a small minus in an arrow. The only thing I can do now is to deliver this changes (right click --> Deliver). I don't want to remove the component from the stream, just from my repository workspace and I'm worried that "Deliver" means also to remove it from the stream.

Can anybody explain me the behaviour of what RTC does when choosing deliver? Or maybe there is an article I didn't found that explains it...

Regards

Comments
Tim Mok commented Dec 04 '13, 3:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You'll get the same thing with a new workspace. Pending Changes is showing the difference between the workspace and the stream. The stream has the component and the workspace doesn't. This is what Pending Changes is supposed to show. There will be a difference shown and depending on the context, it will either be an outgoing component removal or an incoming component addition.

You can edit the workspace's flow target in the workspace editor. You can select the components that should be included in the workspace to flow target comparison. If you uncheck the component that you removed, it won't show up as a change when you flow to that stream.

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 14 '11, 9:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
When you hit "Deliver", it will pop up a dialog box asking whether you
want to just deliver change sets, or also deliver the component
add/remove. The default is "just change sets". And it will then
remember that you didn't want to deliver the component add/remove, so it
won't ask you again the next deliver.

So just hit Deliver, answer the question correctly, and you should be fine.

Note: You can also restrict by process what role can add/remove
components from that stream, to limit this function only to certain roles.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 3/14/2011 5:08 AM, arens wrote:
Hi all,

I removed a component from my repository workspace using the
repository workspace editor --> button "Remove" at the
right side of the component list. Now, in the pending changes view I
see this component under the repository workspace with a small minus
in an arrow. The only thing I can do now is to deliver this changes
(right click --> Deliver). I don't want to remove the component
from the stream, just from my repository workspace and I'm worried
that "Deliver" means also to remove it from the stream.

Can anybody explain me the behaviour of what RTC does when choosing
deliver? Or maybe there is an article I didn't found that explains
it...

Regards

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Dec 05 '13, 8:44 a.m.
Hi Stephan,

if your remove the component from your repository workspace it will not give you a option to deliver the changes ( its grayed out)

If you have modified anything from your workspace\sandbox that gives you an option to deliver the changes to the stream component.

Note: you should be careful when you do below options

1) Deliver it overwrites the information in Server copy (Stream\Component) by your changes.

2) Accept it overwrites your changes in RWS\Sandbox from the server copy Stream\Component.

Please find the basic article for Jazz SCM. its useful. and let me know if you need any further information.

https://jazz.net/library/article/41

Regards,
Arun.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.