It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Hide a TAB on Work item Editor Presentation

Raj K (10222125) | asked Mar 11 '11, 12:50 p.m.
Hello,
I know we can hide a presentation/attribute using hideIfcreation, hideIfEmpty properties.

Is there similar properties for sections & tabs?

I tried "hideIfcreation" "true" in Tab & that doesn't work. Can someone point out all the properties that are available for TABS, SECTIONS, PRESENTATIONS etc. (I did look at the article "130" but it doesn't have much for tabs & section properties).

Thanks
RK

Comments
Raj K commented Mar 15 '13, 1:21 a.m.

Is this available in 4.0.1?

Pavithra Kasturirangan commented Sep 21 '15, 1:35 p.m. | edited Sep 22 '15, 2:16 a.m.

Is this possible in 4.0.6 or 5.0.2 ? I tried using HideIfEmpty and autocollect, however, it doesnt hide the sections or presentations.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 22 '15, 2:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This question has been asked multiple times already. The answer has always been, that this is not supported. I am not aware of any means to do this.

Comments
Pavithra Kasturirangan commented Sep 22 '15, 3:52 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Could you help me to understand what the tab properties mean as mentioned in https://jazz.net/library/article/130. How can this be used and what is the significance of these properties of tabs and sections

Tab Properties
PropertyDescriptionhideIfEmptyif set to 'true' the presentation will only be visible if its value is different from the null value of the attribute.

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 22 '15, 4:10 a.m. | edited Sep 22 '15, 4:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I can tell,

Property Description
hideIfEmpty if set to 'true' the presentation will only be visible if its value is different from the null value of the attribute.

Will most likely hide the tab if non of the attribute presentation has anything to show. I am not sure if this really works. If it works it will only hide the tab if there is no content to show.

You have to distinguish between tabs that have almost no control and attribute presentations in the sections in a tab that have some few options for hiding to choose from.

permanent link
Pavithra Kasturirangan (42955956) | answered Sep 22 '15, 4:35 a.m.
 Thank you, Ralph. May be, it could help if i have all attributes within the section are HideIfEmpty. However, in my case, the section attributes are only "Hide on Creation".

Thank you for your inputs.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.