It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Differences in jts and ccm?

Jerrod Lankford (211010) | asked Mar 09 '11, 3:30 p.m.
I have been developing for jazz rtc 2.0.0.x and I recently switched to rtc 3.0. I noticed that the structure of the server is similiar but contains two parts now, the jazz team server and the change configuration management. What are the differences? I noticed that for an RTC client i have to point it to the ccm but im not really sure of the differences. The reason I ask is I have a plug-in that contains a RTC client plug-in and a rtc server plug-in. Do i need to add the server plugin to the jts and the ccm or just the ccm? Thanks in advance.

2 answers

permanent link
Jerrod Lankford (211010) | answered Mar 10 '11, 6:53 p.m.
I have been developing for jazz rtc 2.0.0.x and I recently switched to rtc 3.0. I noticed that the structure of the server is similiar but contains two parts now, the jazz team server and the change configuration management. What are the differences? I noticed that for an RTC client i have to point it to the ccm but im not really sure of the differences. The reason I ask is I have a plug-in that contains a RTC client plug-in and a rtc server plug-in. Do i need to add the server plugin to the jts and the ccm or just the ccm? Thanks in advance.

JTS is like the core. It is the JazzTeamServer and, in theory, all Jazz products will be like application modules to run on this server.

ccm is an application named "Change and Configuration Management", that IMHO should be called rtc instead, to avoid that kind of doubt.

Your RTC server plugins (site, provision file) just need to be added to ccm.

Yeah the wording is a bit confusing. Thanks for clearing it up though!

permanent link
Eduardo Bello (4401922) | answered Mar 10 '11, 8:15 a.m.

JTS is like the core. It is the JazzTeamServer and, in theory, all Jazz products will be like application modules to run on this server.

ccm is an application named "Change and Configuration Management", that IMHO should be called rtc instead, to avoid that kind of doubt.

Your RTC server plugins (site, provision file) just need to be added to ccm.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.