It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC WorkItem metdata retrieve using REST API

Elad Reznikov (61) | asked Mar 09 '11, 12:07 p.m.
I'd like to retrieve metadata regarding the RTC workitems.
I use the REST API.
The most related information I've found appears in the following article:
"Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration Core Specification Version 2.0 Appendix A: Common Properties"
(http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OSLCCoreSpecAppendixA)

So it seems that I need to find the ResourceShape and the Property resources but I still haven't found the way to retrieve it.

This metadata information is crucial for creation of new work items in order to fill the mandatory fields (with default values), get information regarding custom fields and more.

thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Steve Speicher (31765) | answered Mar 09 '11, 2:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'd like to retrieve metadata regarding the RTC workitems.
I use the REST API.
The most related information I've found appears in the following article:
"Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration Core Specification Version 2.0 Appendix A: Common Properties"
(http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OSLCCoreSpecAppendixA)

So it seems that I need to find the ResourceShape and the Property resources but I still haven't found the way to retrieve it.

This metadata information is crucial for creation of new work items in order to fill the mandatory fields (with default values), get information regarding custom fields and more.

thanks.

See Work Item 141451 Implement OSLC-CM v2 Resource Shapes

It does not support getting at shapes yet. You can get at a number of CM 2.0 defined properties directly, though whether they are required or valid choices is not available until shapes are supported.

permanent link
Elad Reznikov (61) | answered Mar 09 '11, 3:31 p.m.
Steve,
Thanks for your quick reply.

What is your recommendation for creation of work items programmatically?
I mean what kind of logic can I implement in order to deal with mandatory fields, detection of custom fields and readonly fields (and probably other involved issues and restrictions that might fail the creation of the work item)?

Elad

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.