It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Plans in RTC 3.0 without esimated work items

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Feb 24 '11, 1:00 p.m.
I am working on a new 3.0 configuration, and when I create an Iteration Plan, it gives me a "Problems Detected" message when I have a Plan that includes a work item with no Estimate. We have certain workItemTypes that we do not have an "estimate" for. We do estimates for new function, but not for defects. Is there a way to not have it believe there is a problem to "plan for" a defect without an estimate?

Also, is this different in 3.0 from 2.0? We currently do the same thing in 2.0 and don't have problems.

Susan

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 28 '11, 2:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Susan,

there is no difference between 2.x and 3.x that I know of.
What I noticed is that these warnings only occur for work item types not marked as top level work item types (aka execution types). If I mark defects as top level work item types the warning goes away. That might be the difference between your configurations. So if you define a defect work item type you could have that treated as a top level planning work item type and the calculation and roll up would be handled different.

Thanks,

Ralph

I am working on a new 3.0 configuration, and when I create an Iteration Plan, it gives me a "Problems Detected" message when I have a Plan that includes a work item with no Estimate. We have certain workItemTypes that we do not have an "estimate" for. We do estimates for new function, but not for defects. Is there a way to not have it believe there is a problem to "plan for" a defect without an estimate?

Also, is this different in 3.0 from 2.0? We currently do the same thing in 2.0 and don't have problems.

Susan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.