It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0 Eclipse Client Work Assignments

Eoghan Considine (101139) | asked Feb 24 '11, 10:41 a.m.
When users click on the link "To manage work assignments, open the web client" the internal Eclipse Web Browser tries to open the RTC Web UI.

For all users, admin or users, the URL just opens a 'Loading...' page. The link is -

https://server.com/jazz/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.editUser&itemId=_pBvroKE3Ed6iFpuqZC-AYQ

Is this a known problem with the Eclipse Client or an environment mis-configuration?

4 answers

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9808160143) | answered Mar 18 '13, 1:36 p.m.
I have found that opening an internal browser frequently will crash eclipse. It is not properly freeing up memory when the browser windows are closed (at least not in Helios). I therefore recommend always using an external browser anyway.

permanent link
Eoghan Considine (101139) | answered Feb 25 '11, 4:15 a.m.
I installed valid SSL certs this morning and the internal browser works now.

permanent link
Eoghan Considine (101139) | answered Feb 24 '11, 11:57 a.m.
Thank you, using the external browser (either FF or IE) works.

I have not installed valid certificates, so that maybe the problem with the internal browser.

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Feb 24 '11, 11:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When users click on the link "To manage work assignments, open the web client" the internal Eclipse Web Browser tries to open the RTC Web UI.

For all users, admin or users, the URL just opens a 'Loading...' page. The link is -

https://server.com/jazz/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.editUser&itemId=_pBvroKE3Ed6iFpuqZC-AYQ

Is this a known problem with the Eclipse Client or an environment mis-configuration?

Did you want it to open in an external browser? The internal browser may not handle the server certificates properly so it doesn't load.

Check your preferences under General > Web Browser.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.