It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

connector tag transformer problem

Joerg Moeller (9677) | asked Feb 23 '11, 5:07 a.m.
Hello,

I'm trying to setup a connectro to an external cvs repository. Basically the code runs fine but I have some problem when using tag fields.

I tested my code using the "Tags" attribute from the defect workitem. I set up the sync rule to use the workitem tags tranformer and tags were compiled in a space seperated string. So no problems here.

Now I've changed to use customized process of my customer, having a custom attribute of type tag in the defect workitem and I get this exception:

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.util.SeparatedStringList cannot be cast to java.lang.String

I don't have a clue what actually the problem is. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Regards
Joerg

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Feb 23 '11, 8:12 a.m.
I haven't used tags yet, altho looking at the InteropWorkitemManager source, tags in RTC are a comma separated list of text strings (no spaces allowed)
but the source in the tags transformer, located in
sdk\plugins\com.ibm.team.interop.server.rtc.feature.source_3.0.0.v20101110_2353\src\com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest_2.1.0.v20101110_2353\src.zip\com\ibm\team\interop\service\managers\clearquest
shows the tags in clearquest as '\n' separated

I think I would not use the transformer, and just make them comma separated

Sam

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.