It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to clean up when install RAM failed unexpectedly?

Ivy Ho (4711419) | asked Feb 21 '11, 10:17 a.m.
I am installing a trial RAM 571 version. I went through the steps to install db2, rtc, and in the middle of installing RAM. (75%) I got blue screen on my machine.
After reboot, I sawn that under control panel-add and remove program,
RAM is there. and also the start program menu has the ram menu installed (start server, stop server etc..).
I tried to uninstall RAM via add anf remove program, it launched Install Manager but install manager is unable to find the RAM profile and terminated.
Now RAM and IM is in a funny state.
How can I cleanly uninstall RAM and clean up any registry data ?
I want to reinstall a good version.

3 answers

permanent link
Ivy Ho (4711419) | answered Feb 21 '11, 10:21 a.m.
I am installing a trial RAM 75.x version. I went through the steps to install DB2, RTC, and in the middle of installing RAM. (75%) I got blue screen on my machine.
After reboot, under control panel- add and remove program,
RAM is there. and the start program menu has the RAM menu installed (start server, stop server etc..).
I tried to uninstall RAM via "add and remove program", it launched Install Manager but install manager is unable to find the RAM profile and terminated.
Now RAM and IM is in a funny state.
How can I cleanly uninstall RAM and clean up any registry data ?
I want to reinstall a good version.

reposted- to correct RAM - version typo.

permanent link
Gili Mendel (1.8k56) | answered Feb 22 '11, 8:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Where you under the InstallManager or onto the Server Setup (browser) install level?

Also, what platforms are you installing on?

permanent link
Ivy Ho (4711419) | answered Feb 22 '11, 9:44 a.m.
The platform is windows.my install manager is 1.4.2 on my machine. But it seems that IM does not recognize that I have RAM partially installed. Thanks for help!

On a related subject on install- in the trial license download site, you have two versions of RAM - one is RAM for WAS and one is just RAM, but the installation guide provides 3 choices of install paths - RAM with embedded WAS, RAM on top of existing WAS, RAM with Tomcat) -- looks like it always require a server.- this part is confusing to me as a new user .- so which install image is for which ?

RAM standalone image for use with TomCat?
RAM for WAS for use with RAM with embeedded WAS? and RAM on top of an existing WAS server on system ?
I have problems locating the license server info as well.

I downloaded the standalone RAM.image.
When I went through the install RAM server, it prompted me to install db2 (done) and RTC (done) and then went through some deployment steps etc..
I have a WTE 7 server in my machine but I do not recall RAM install is referring to it .

Thanks for help!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.