It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Birt report for Resources by Team Area

Mike Shkolnik (9808161143) | asked Feb 17 '11, 4:17 p.m.
What I would like to do is edit the canned report for "Resources by Team Area" and add photos next to the names. Since it doesn't appear I can edit the canned reports, I need to create it from scratch. I have followed tutorials for creating Birt reports, but these are focused on Work Items and the selections to make for Resources are not obvious. The tutorials I have seen tell me what to choose to create the sample report, but they don't tell me WHY so they are not as educational as I would like. What variables do I select for my Resources report?

Data Source:
Which Snapshot do I use? Is it possible to use real time data instead of a snapshot?

Data Set:
Which Table do I use?

What other variable info do I need to complete this report?

One answer

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9808161143) | answered Feb 17 '11, 7:52 p.m.
I've made some headway - I experimented and answered my two questions above by using the COMMON snapshot and the LIVE_CONTRIBUTOR table. I can actually get a list of all teams and their team members. I also filtered out the archived teams and team members. I still need to clean this up, as follows:

1. I need to include the photo of each team member. I do not see anything under "Select Columns" for the member photo.
2. I would like to print each team name only on the row with the first listed member, just like the canned report does.
3. How to list teams alphabetically is eluding me.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.