It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BIRT Reporting Nested Table computed column reference error

Yasar Pala (1654) | asked Feb 14 '11, 9:13 a.m.
Hi,

Based on the following tutorial I created a report for a parent - child assignment (3 tables , parent, child and links table between parent and child).

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/10/creatingcustomreportswithbirtandrtc-part2/index.html?ca=drs-

In the child dataset I have a computed column which refers to another dataset (storypoints) where the storypoints are stored as an array. If I insert the child dataset as a table directly in the report it shows the expected result. If I insert the child dataset as a nested table in the parent table I get the following error message and the values of the child dataset results are not shown:

Fail to compute value for computed column "STORYPOINTS".
A BIRT exception occurred: There are errors evaluating script "storypoint];":
ReferenceError: "storypoint" is not defined. (<inline>#1).. See next exception for more information.
There are errors evaluating script "storypoint];":
ReferenceError: "storypoint" is not defined.

Please help me to solve this issue,

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Feb 18 '11, 9:30 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Make sure storypoint is a global variable. Where did you declare it? You should not declare it using the var keyword. Just:

storypoint = {};

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.