It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I merge an archived user-id with an active user-id?

Harald Lahner (28810) | asked Feb 14 '11, 5:11 a.m.
Hi,

we are using RTC v2.0.0.2 iFix 5 with LDAP for authentication and have a problem with an user-id. Initially a lowercase user-id was created (mke...) and the user worked with it. After that the case-insensitive property was set to true and somehow a uppercase user-id (MKE...) was created.
Now the user was unable to access RTC at all. We tried to archive one of the user-ids. For some reason we are only able to archive the old, lowercase user-id.

Is there a way to merge the two user-id's, since RTC seems to prefer only to work with the new uppercase user-id?

Thanks,
Harold!

One answer

permanent link
Harald Lahner (28810) | answered Feb 16 '11, 10:09 a.m.
I have investigated a little bit and found out, that the user-ids are described in the DB2 table CONTRIBUTOR. There I also see the lowercase and uppercase user-ids.

Is there any guidance on how to modify the owner of queries, workitems and so on, based on the cryptic user-id identifiers?

And first of all, which one is the correct identifier? I suspect it is CONTRIBUTOR_ITEMID, but I'm not sure yet. Or is it one from the CONTRIBUTOR table in the REPORITORY schema?

Thanks for any hints!
Harold.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.