It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0 and RQM 3.0 Beta integration

Michael Walker (99215201157) | asked Feb 14 '11, 2:18 a.m.
Are the instructions for integrating the 3.0 versions together the same as the instructions for integrating RTC 3.0 with RQM 2.x?

I can only find instructions for integrating RTC 3.0 with RQM 2.x

8 answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Feb 14 '11, 10:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Are the instructions for integrating the 3.0 versions together the same as the instructions for integrating RTC 3.0 with RQM 2.x?

Here are some instructions for CLM Beta 2a, that includes instructions for RTC, RQM and RRC V3.x

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RRC3BetaClmSetupInstructions

The same installer can be used to install and configure all applications

permanent link
Michael Walker (99215201157) | answered Feb 15 '11, 3:25 a.m.

Here are some instructions for CLM Beta 2a, that includes instructions for RTC, RQM and RRC V3.x

Robin,

Thanks for the link. I ran the JTS setup wizard on both my RTC and RQM installs. I'm just not sure what to do after that. I identified each as a "friend" of the other in the Application Administration's communication section. But when I try to establish the Uses/Provides association in each Project Area I get the following msg.

This project area is not available as a artifact container in any of the catalogs published in rootservices resource of this application. Therefore, could not evaluate association types of this project area.

I'm not sure what I'm missing.

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Feb 15 '11, 12:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Robin,

Thanks for the link. I ran the JTS setup wizard on both my RTC and RQM installs. I'm just not sure what to do after that. I identified each as a "friend" of the other in the Application Administration's communication section. But when I try to establish the Uses/Provides association in each Project Area I get the following msg.

This project area is not available as a artifact container in any of the catalogs published in rootservices resource of this application. Therefore, could not evaluate association types of this project area.

I'm not sure what I'm missing.

In V3, the setup wizard should ask you for the server Public URLs of all your application servers. Provide these as part of the setup wizard and it should configure the servers using the URL's you provide them. There should be no further setup.

If it still does not work go to the server admin page and ensure you see the OAuth keys for the other server, and that it has been accepted as a "friend". If you have separate server check the admin for each server.

If you have installed the applications using a single JTS then it should be in the same admin page.

permanent link
David Chadwick (1511) | answered Feb 17 '11, 10:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

So let me clarify your configuration so that you get the correct answer.
Sounds like you have setup a RTC 3.0 GA installation and on a separate server you have setup a RQM 3.0 Beta (M?? -- what milestone or version).
Is it possible to get the integration going between these two servers and where are the instructions.

If this is what you are asking, then I would suggest that you can set up a friend relationship using the normal 2.x friending in both directions. The difference now is that the RQM 3.0 installation is really a separate QM/JTS installation that has its own Jazz Team Server.

If you want to use the "change management provider" from the RTC 3.0 GA server in your RQM 3.0 Beta installation, then you would set up the Tests / Tested By links between your RQM 3.0 projects and the RTC 3.0 projects where changes are managed for that project. This is of course after you have made the QM server "friends" with the RTC 3.0 CCM server.

permanent link
Michael Walker (99215201157) | answered Feb 18 '11, 2:20 a.m.

Sounds like you have setup a RTC 3.0 GA installation and on a separate server you have setup a RQM 3.0 Beta (M?? -- what milestone or version).
Is it possible to get the integration going between these two servers and where are the instructions.

If this is what you are asking, then I would suggest that you can set up a friend relationship using the normal 2.x friending in both directions. The difference now is that the RQM 3.0 installation is really a separate QM/JTS installation that has its own Jazz Team Server.

If you want to use the "change management provider" from the RTC 3.0 GA server in your RQM 3.0 Beta installation, then you would set up the Tests / Tested By links between your RQM 3.0 projects and the RTC 3.0 projects where changes are managed for that project. This is of course after you have made the QM server "friends" with the RTC 3.0 CCM server.

Thanks Robin and David,

Yes, I have RTC 3.0 GA on one server and RQM 3.0 Beta M11 on another server.

I went through the JTS/SETUP on both servers and registered RTC on the RQM server and vice versa, although I'm not sure what the correct URL should be for the context value. I used the format https://<server>:<port>/<context>/scr. I tried JTS and CCM and it accepted them for the <context>. But then when I go to the CCM/Admin and look at the Friends list they aren't there as I would expect. When I go to the Project Area and attempt to update the Uses/Provides section with the integration the "friends" aren't listed.

David,

I went into each server to establish the Friend relationship the 2.0 way. I was able to login to the other server to accept the authorization so I believe I defined them correctly.

When I try to establish the Change Management Provider in the RTC server I get the following msg when selecting the RQM server:

No artifact container catalogs available in the selected application for the possible associations..

When I try to establish the Change Management Provider in the RQM server I get the following msg when selecting the RTC server

Unable to load URL: https://carlcarlson.svl.ibm.com:9443/jazz/oslc_qm/catalog, Status: 404

About a month ago I was able to get the integration working one way, where I could like test plans or testcases to RTC work items.

My assumption is the 404 error is causing my problem on both servers.

permanent link
Bjorn Baker (106) | answered Feb 18 '11, 9:26 a.m.

Maybe, Because I found out it in past days about integrating RTC 3.0 has lot of potential in such a big discussing humors. I just confuse what is to be done.

permanent link
David Chadwick (1511) | answered Feb 18 '11, 9:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Robin and David,

Yes, I have RTC 3.0 GA on one server and RQM 3.0 Beta M11 on another server.

I went through the JTS/SETUP on both servers and registered RTC on the RQM server and vice versa, although I'm not sure what the correct URL should be for the context value. I used the format https://<server>:<port>/<context>/scr. I tried JTS and CCM and it accepted them for the <context>. But then when I go to the CCM/Admin and look at the Friends list they aren't there as I would expect. When I go to the Project Area and attempt to update the Uses/Provides section with the integration the "friends" aren't listed.

David,

I went into each server to establish the Friend relationship the 2.0 way. I was able to login to the other server to accept the authorization so I believe I defined them correctly.

When I try to establish the Change Management Provider in the RTC server I get the following msg when selecting the RQM server:

No artifact container catalogs available in the selected application for the possible associations..

When I try to establish the Change Management Provider in the RQM server I get the following msg when selecting the RTC server

Unable to load URL: https://carlcarlson.svl.ibm.com:9443/jazz/oslc_qm/catalog, Status: 404

About a month ago I was able to get the integration working one way, where I could like test plans or testcases to RTC work items.

My assumption is the 404 error is causing my problem on both servers.

Michael -
The only time I have seen this kind of error is when I forgot to set my PublicURI for the server I am on when trying to add a link to a friended server. The friending works fine without the PublicURI set right but when you try to use the proxy through your own Jazz server to link a project to another provider, you get this error. This may not be your problem but it is something to checkout. Also my installation is a RQM 2.0.1.1 and a CLM3.0M12 so I can't really compare my experience with yours as I can't check out your exact linkage problem. It could also be something fixed in a later milestone of CLM3.0 as well. I got the CM provider linkage working from my RQM 2.0.1.1 server to use the CLM3.0(CCM) server.
Dave

permanent link
Bjorn Baker (106) | answered Feb 23 '11, 6:01 a.m.

I think the are same instructions.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.