It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC ensuring changes flow between releases

Scott Crouch (48532326) | asked Feb 12 '11, 2:52 p.m.
In our environment we will frequently have teams working on the same code for multiple releases at a given time. If a team delivers a changeset to a stream for release1 we need to make sure that changeset is also delivered to release2 and release3.

Is there anyway to do that without the developer of the original change knowing they must deliver their changes to all releases?

I have read the article on using ant to deliver changes between streams (http://jazz.net/library/article/529). However this will not work in many cases as there can be conflicts between release1 and release2.

At the very least the developer needs to be able to know where the changes have been delivered.

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Feb 14 '11, 10:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In our environment we will frequently have teams working on the same code for multiple releases at a given time. If a team delivers a changeset to a stream for release1 we need to make sure that changeset is also delivered to release2 and release3.

Is there anyway to do that without the developer of the original change knowing they must deliver their changes to all releases?

I have read the article on using ant to deliver changes between streams (http://jazz.net/library/article/529). However this will not work in many cases as there can be conflicts between release1 and release2.

At the very least the developer needs to be able to know where the changes have been delivered.

Hi

I think you will need to get people to explicitly deliver to the different releases by having them change the flow targets and delivering explicitly Someone needs to resolve the conflicts between the changes and the different releases, and it will probably be quicker to have the person that made the changes do it.

regards

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.