It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How does RQM know which Defect WI type in RTC link with?

Claudia Callegari (44439771) | asked Feb 09 '11, 2:17 p.m.
Hi,

1) When you define the integration between RTC and RQM you do not specify which is the Defect Work Item type to raise defects from RQM to RTC. How does RQM know it? May be assumes the work item type with the "bug" alias?

To understand the background of my question...

2) In order to minimize maintenance of process templates I would like to have 1 process templates with several configurations that are common to all the projects, and 2 different Defect forms; initially the idea was to have only 1 WI type with 2 presentations, and eventually 2 workflows, and bind the appropriate ones based on project needs during the deployment process.
Now the scenario changed a little, as both forms have different set of mandatory fields, and that is defined at the WI type level and not at the presentation level, so when I create a defect using one of the presentations, it complains because I am missing values (the ones I removed from that presentation and are mandatory on the other one).
So I changed my mind, and thought about having 2 different Defect WI types, with appropriate presentations and workflows, and establish the appropriate relationships at deployment time based on project needs.
But I don't know if this will cause me any issues with the RQM integration... how can I specify to RQM with Defect WI type it should use?

Comments / ideas are welcome! Thanks
--Claudia Callegari

One answer

permanent link
Claudia Callegari (44439771) | answered Feb 10 '11, 9:52 a.m.
For those interested in this answer....

In RTC 3.0 it is configured in the administration UI in the project area editor:

On the Eclipse client: open the process configuration tab and then Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Work Items > Change Management Type Binding. Once there you can select in the dropdown list which is the Defect WI type on your project.
Note that this is also useful for other WI types.

On the Web client: similarly, go to the Work Items tab, Change Management Type Binding option.

Hope it helps.

--Claudia Callegari

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.