It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error when exporting deployable plug-ins and fragments

Simon Bielasiak (11) | asked Feb 09 '11, 9:59 a.m.
I recently installed RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix4 on my Ubuntu system. When I attempt to export a deployable plug-in, I run into the problem below. I tried this with my workspace encoding set to UTF-8 and Windows-1252. Attempting the same thing on RTC installed on my Windows system does not yield the same problem.

# 2/4/11 9:22:53 AM EST
# Eclipse Java Compiler 0.899_R34x, post 3.4.2 release, Copyright IBM Corp 2000, 2009. All rights reserved.
Annotation processing got disabled, since it requires a 1.6 compliant JVM
----------
1. ERROR in /home/sbielasi/Development/Workspaces/222/com.ibm.nex.service.management/src/com/ibm/nex/service/management/DefaultPublishedServiceMigrationProvider.java
Cannot read the source from /home/sbielasi/Development/Workspaces/222/com.ibm.nex.service.management/src/com/ibm/nex/service/management/DefaultPublishedServiceMigrationProvider.java; either the file uses a different encoding than UTF-8 or it is corrupted
----------
2. ERROR in /home/sbielasi/Development/Workspaces/222/com.ibm.nex.service.management/src/com/ibm/nex/service/management/DefaultPublishedServiceMigrationProvider.java
Internal compiler error
sun.io.MalformedInputException
at sun.io.ByteToCharUTF8.convert(ByteToCharUTF8.java:262)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$ConverterSD.convertInto(StreamDecoder.java:316)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$ConverterSD.implRead(StreamDecoder.java:366)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(StreamDecoder.java:252)
at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:212)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.util.Util.getInputStreamAsCharArray(Util.java:409)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.util.Util.getFileCharContent(Util.java:222)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.batch.CompilationUnit.getContents(CompilationUnit.java:71)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.getMethodBodies(Parser.java:8505)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.process(Compiler.java:729)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.ProcessTaskManager.run(ProcessTaskManager.java:137)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:811)

----------
2 problems (2 errors)

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 09 '11, 12:22 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Simon,

I am not sure, but I have seen cases where setting the encoding of the work space does not solve such problems. Can you check in the file properties that the encoding of the file is set correctly?

I had one resistant case with a shell script encoded wrong (win CRLF) and I was able to change the encoding somehow. Last resort might be a good editor that can do the transformation. But I think it should be doable with Eclipse too.

Thanks,

Ralph

I recently installed RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix4 on my Ubuntu system. When I attempt to export a deployable plug-in, I run into the problem below. I tried this with my workspace encoding set to UTF-8 and Windows-1252. Attempting the same thing on RTC installed on my Windows system does not yield the same problem.

# 2/4/11 9:22:53 AM EST
# Eclipse Java Compiler 0.899_R34x, post 3.4.2 release, Copyright IBM Corp 2000, 2009. All rights reserved.
Annotation processing got disabled, since it requires a 1.6 compliant JVM
----------
1. ERROR in /home/sbielasi/Development/Workspaces/222/com.ibm.nex.service.management/src/com/ibm/nex/service/management/DefaultPublishedServiceMigrationProvider.java
Cannot read the source from /home/sbielasi/Development/Workspaces/222/com.ibm.nex.service.management/src/com/ibm/nex/service/management/DefaultPublishedServiceMigrationProvider.java; either the file uses a different encoding than UTF-8 or it is corrupted
----------
2. ERROR in /home/sbielasi/Development/Workspaces/222/com.ibm.nex.service.management/src/com/ibm/nex/service/management/DefaultPublishedServiceMigrationProvider.java
Internal compiler error
sun.io.MalformedInputException
at sun.io.ByteToCharUTF8.convert(ByteToCharUTF8.java:262)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$ConverterSD.convertInto(StreamDecoder.java:316)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$ConverterSD.implRead(StreamDecoder.java:366)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(StreamDecoder.java:252)
at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:212)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.util.Util.getInputStreamAsCharArray(Util.java:409)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.util.Util.getFileCharContent(Util.java:222)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.batch.CompilationUnit.getContents(CompilationUnit.java:71)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.getMethodBodies(Parser.java:8505)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.process(Compiler.java:729)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.ProcessTaskManager.run(ProcessTaskManager.java:137)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:811)

----------
2 problems (2 errors)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.