It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to undelete a file?

Maggie Stearns (1063027) | asked Feb 07 '11, 11:28 a.m.
retagged Jun 19 '15, 5:00 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)
Hi:

I'm using 2.0.0.2iFix4.

I've deleted a file and delivered it. Later, I want to bring that file back.
How do I do that? I don't want to create a new file with the same name as it won't have the history.

-Maggie

Comments
Jeff Foege commented Feb 07 '11, 11:52 a.m. | edited Jun 16 '15, 3:09 a.m.
Hi:

I'm using 2.0.0.2iFix4.

How do I do that? I don't want to create a new file with the same name as it won't have the history.

-Maggie

This should help you.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v2r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.team.scm.svn.doc/topics/t_import.html

Maggie Stearns commented Feb 07 '11, 1:07 p.m. | edited Jun 16 '15, 3:10 a.m.
Hi:

I'm using 2.0.0.2iFix4.

-Maggie

This should help you.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v2r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.team.scm.svn.doc/topics/t_import.html

Can you double check this link? It sends me to documentation on importing a subversion dump file. I'm not sure how that is related.

5 answers

permanent link
Jeff Foege (45266960) | answered Feb 07 '11, 3:51 p.m.

Thanks! The ability to select the file we cared about and select "Merge into Workspace" was the key step to avoid reversing the entire changeset. Thanks!

No problem! I'm glad I was able to help. I'm new to RTC as well and still trying to get head around how RTC wants to do things verses other traditional SCM tools.

permanent link
Maggie Stearns (1063027) | answered Feb 07 '11, 2:45 p.m.
DOH!

Sorry about that.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v2r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/t_scm_eclipse_restore_deleted.html

Thanks! That looks good! We'll try it.

Thanks! The ability to select the file we cared about and select "Merge into Workspace" was the key step to avoid reversing the entire changeset. Thanks!

permanent link
Jeff Foege (45266960) | answered Feb 07 '11, 1:49 p.m.
edited Jun 16 '15, 2:43 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103)
Try this one:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v2r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/t_scm_eclipse_restore_deleted.html

Comments
Maggie Stearns commented Feb 07 '11, 2:20 p.m. | edited Jun 16 '15, 2:43 a.m.

permanent link
Maggie Stearns (1063027) | answered Feb 07 '11, 1:25 p.m.
Hi,

You can "Reverse" a Change Set that has been delivered. In this case, you would find the Change Set (and if applicable, the associated work item) that has the deleted file. You can find it in the History view. Then you can right click on the change set and select "Reverse". When you check in and deliver this "Reverse" action, the deleted file will be back. This would be the case where you only had one file in the Change Set.

If you had more than one file in the Change Set, then you will have to redo the fixes for the files that you "Reversed". It is a little bit of work, but you get the deleted file back.

Hi:

I'm using 2.0.0.2iFix4.

-Maggie

Thanks, but is that my only option? The changeset that I would be reversing is very large and that seems like a lot of work to get back the one file.

permanent link
Walter Mansur (63613017) | answered Feb 07 '11, 11:54 a.m.
Hi,

You can "Reverse" a Change Set that has been delivered. In this case, you would find the Change Set (and if applicable, the associated work item) that has the deleted file. You can find it in the History view. Then you can right click on the change set and select "Reverse". When you check in and deliver this "Reverse" action, the deleted file will be back. This would be the case where you only had one file in the Change Set.

If you had more than one file in the Change Set, then you will have to redo the fixes for the files that you "Reversed". It is a little bit of work, but you get the deleted file back.

Hi:

I'm using 2.0.0.2iFix4.

-Maggie

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.