It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Summary of changes with multiple changesets

Tim Mitchell (122) | asked Feb 04 '11, 6:15 a.m.
Hi,

I have found that when I'm reviewing a workitem, if someone has a number of change sets, and if the same classes appear in more than one of these change sets (e.g. people have completed change sets for other people to accept their code into other work areas), there doesn't appear to be a way of finding a summary of changes to the classes in all change sets.
What would be really useful would be a way for RTC to present a list of the classes in the change sets and when you do comparisons to see the differences, it compares the latest version of the specific class.
At the moment, I find I tend to start checking the oldest change set and work my way through to the newest, but this can mean that you recheck the same file a number of times.

Thanks

Tim.

One answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Feb 04 '11, 10:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I have found that when I'm reviewing a workitem, if someone has a number of change sets, and if the same classes appear in more than one of these change sets (e.g. people have completed change sets for other people to accept their code into other work areas), there doesn't appear to be a way of finding a summary of changes to the classes in all change sets.
What would be really useful would be a way for RTC to present a list of the classes in the change sets and when you do comparisons to see the differences, it compares the latest version of the specific class.
At the moment, I find I tend to start checking the oldest change set and work my way through to the newest, but this can mean that you recheck the same file a number of times.

Thanks

Tim.

You can try selecting all the change sets and opening them from the work item. It will open them all in Change Explorer and it'll show the end result of all the change sets for each file changed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.