It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project Area Creation from Eclipse Client

T M (8876187143) | asked Jan 31 '11, 10:56 a.m.
Hi,

An user id had only "JazzUsers" repository permission. Because of this that user id couldn't create new project areas. so I gave "JazzProjectAdmins" permission. That user id still can't create project areas from eclipse client. That user logged out and logged back in but no luck. He created a new eclipse workspace still without any luck. He can create a project area from web client though. Why is this? I checked the user profile from the eclipse client and I can see JazzProjectAreas repository permission given that user id. Does it take some time for permissions to really Sync? Or, is it a bug?

Thanks!

8 answers

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Mar 03 '11, 10:08 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This was closed as invalid with the below comment.

You need "JazzAdmins" repository permission to create new Project Areas.

We are currently investigating this as a critical defect. Please see workitem 155799.

- Jared

Update (2 seconds later...): This issue is fixed in the soon-to-be-release iFix for 3.0. Please see the following technote: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3488&uid=swg21455084

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Mar 03 '11, 10:07 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

We are currently investigating this as a critical defect. Please see workitem 155799.

- Jared

permanent link
T M (8876187143) | answered Mar 02 '11, 12:27 p.m.

permanent link
T M (8876187143) | answered Feb 18 '11, 1:40 p.m.
Raised a defect - Defect 154081

Thanks!

permanent link
T M (8876187143) | answered Feb 18 '11, 12:54 p.m.
Hi,

User had a developer CAL assigned.

Thanks!

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Feb 18 '11, 6:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

An user id had only "JazzUsers" repository permission. Because of this that user id couldn't create new project areas. so I gave "JazzProjectAdmins" permission. That user id still can't create project areas from eclipse client. That user logged out and logged back in but no luck. He created a new eclipse workspace still without any luck. He can create a project area from web client though. Why is this? I checked the user profile from the eclipse client and I can see JazzProjectAreas repository permission given that user id. Does it take some time for permissions to really Sync? Or, is it a bug?

Thanks!

Hi Theju

Did you check if the user has a client access license assigned (eg: Developer, etc)? That would prevent them from creating a project.

anthony

permanent link
T M (8876187143) | answered Feb 18 '11, 4:35 a.m.
I tried deleting .metadata folder (in the RTC workspace) and tried without any luck. I even restarted my machine but no luck. I'll raise a defect soon.

Thanks!

permanent link
Alex Schaffer (261) | answered Jan 31 '11, 12:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
I was unable to recreate this problem during my own testing (project area creation worked fine from both the web and eclipse client). If you are still having this issue, could you open a defect against the Process team area in Jazz Foundation? Please include step-by-step instructions on how to recreate the problem, as well as the server version number and platform on which it is deployed.

Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.