It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Not Authorized to access JAzz Team Server Setup

Chris McKenna (31133) | asked Jan 19 '11, 10:29 a.m.
I am trying to reinstall RTC/3.0 on AIX 5.3 . I installed it, and then uninstalled it using the InstallationManager. Then I deleted the /opt/IBM/JazzServer directory. Then ran the launchpad.sh and reinstalled.

When I start the server and then go to the setup page and try to login with ADMIN/ADMIN it says that the ADMIN is is not Authorized to access the Jazz Team Server Setup.

I assume I missed something in the un-install

Thanks
Chris

9 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 14 '11, 4:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

please search http://jazz.net/library/ for LDAP. There are some documents. The help should also contain information.

Thanks,

Ralph

Have you have an example that describes how configure RTC 3.0 with LDAP..

Tnks.

permanent link
Eduardo Nuñez (6) | answered Mar 11 '11, 1:16 p.m.
Have you have an example that describes how configure RTC 3.0 with LDAP..

Tnks.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 21 '11, 8:09 a.m.
Hi John,

many thanks for the clarification that is helpful.

The reason is, I was under the impression in 2.x the file /conf/jazz/teamserver.properties was affected by deletion of some propertry ......allow.admin.access=true. I didn't figure the tomcat-users was affected.

Thanks,

Ralph

FYI, "disable ADMIN" causes the tomcat/conf/tomcat-users.xml file to be modified, so if for some reason you didn't get back the original version of that file when you reinstalled (or you replaced it with your previous version after the reinstall), then ADMIN will still be disabled.

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Jan 21 '11, 7:53 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
FYI, "disable ADMIN" causes the tomcat/conf/tomcat-users.xml file to be modified, so if for some reason you didn't get back the original version of that file when you reinstalled (or you replaced it with your previous version after the reinstall), then ADMIN will still be disabled.

permanent link
Chris McKenna (31133) | answered Jan 20 '11, 8:47 a.m.
I removed the software again and re-installed.. that seemed to do the trick.

thanks for your help.

Chris

permanent link
Chris McKenna (31133) | answered Jan 19 '11, 12:29 p.m.
Yes.. I am using tomcat, and yes I click the disable admin in the first run of setup.

The url is https:// domain:9443/jts/setup yes.

I am trying to delete and reinstall again to see if that helps.

Chris

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 19 '11, 12:19 p.m.
Sean,

even if, after deleting the teamserver.properties that should not matter, should it?

The only place it could remain would be in the database. If that is reused and the info is also stored there, which I doubt, that could make a difference.

Other option I can think of is when using WebSphere. Then deleting the RTC Installation Folder might not make a difference.

Just my thoughts,
Ralph

Chris,

Did you complete the setup the first time and check the "disable ADMIN user" check box?

-Sean

permanent link
Sean G Wilbur (87212421) | answered Jan 19 '11, 12:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Chris,

Did you complete the setup the first time and check the "disable ADMIN user" check box?

-Sean

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 19 '11, 11:56 a.m.
Hi Chris,

this is strange everything should be gone the way you cleaned up - if you are using Tomcat. Do you use Tomcat? Which URL did you use for the setup page? Can I assume you have used https://......./jts/setup?

Ralph

I am trying to reinstall RTC/3.0 on AIX 5.3 . I installed it, and then uninstalled it using the InstallationManager. Then I deleted the /opt/IBM/JazzServer directory. Then ran the launchpad.sh and reinstalled.

When I start the server and then go to the setup page and try to login with ADMIN/ADMIN it says that the ADMIN is is not Authorized to access the Jazz Team Server Setup.

I assume I missed something in the un-install

Thanks
Chris

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.