It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Required Service (IInternalFriendsService) Not Available

Rodrigo Dellu (211) | asked Jan 06 '11, 8:57 a.m.
Hello,

After downloaded and installed the Jazz (Rational Team Concert) version 3 I started the initial setup process from a web browser screen (https://myserver:9443/jts/setup).
In there I configured the database, URLs and some other stuffs.
When I finaly got to the final task I received an error:
"Required service (IInternalFriendsService) not available"

I'm new on Jazz and also on Rational Team Concert.
My configurations are:
- Windows XP SP3;
- SQL Server 2008 Express;
- Internet Explorer 8.

This is the detailed error:

Required service (IInternalFriendsService) not available

java.lang.IllegalStateException

com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.setup.RegistrationHandlerService.friendsService(RegistrationHandlerService.java:646)
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.setup.RegistrationHandlerService.finalizeRegistration(RegistrationHandlerService.java:300)
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.setup.RegistrationHandlerService.perform_POST(RegistrationHandlerService.java:152)
com.ibm.team.repository.service.TeamRawService.service(TeamRawService.java:90)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl

Some one can help me? Is there any idea?
Since now thanks!

Best Regards,

Rodrigo

8 answers

permanent link
Erick Mory (5186) | answered Jun 09 '11, 3:41 p.m.
La solucion definitiva a tu problema es la siguiente:

Debes ejecutar el comando repotools-(jts/ccm Dependiendo en cual de las dos te da el problema). Supongamos que es con la Aplicacion JTS.

Ejecutas: repotools-jts -resetRepoLockid

Donde lo vas a ejecutar: En la ruta C:\Archivos de programa\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server pero desde el MS-DOS.

Deja que se ejecute hasta el final. La consola te informar cuando haya finalizado. Y vuelves a subir el servicio de TOMCAT y pruebas de nuevo.

Veras que quita el error.

Como me cost determinar esta solucion. Espero que te funcione. Saludos desde Caracas - Venezuela.

permanent link
Rodrigo Dellu (211) | answered Jan 10 '11, 7:58 a.m.
First of all, thanks for the tip! Now the Rational Team Concert is fully configurated!

Actually, I had two problem related to the comprehension of the Jazz platform.

First, the database must be started before the Tomcat server application. If you start the Tomcat server application an then start the database, it will not work.

Second, On evaluation mode at least, the configuration requires two databases, one is for JTS application and another one is for Change and Configuration Management application.

Have a great day.

Best Regards,

The source of your problems on the first server start was:

Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host DEV-EPDI.iacit.com.br, port 1433 has failed. Error: "Connection refused: connect. Verify the connection properties, check that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port, and that no firewall is blocking TCP connections to the port.".

That error implies that the DB server was not running, or the network between the Jazz server and the DB server was not working. It's possible that the DB server was started between you restarting your Jazz server? If you have verified that the Jazz server is running without errors you should be able to use the setup wizard to complete the configuration.

The weird thing is that when I restarted my server (Tomcat) and start again. I don't get errors on both links. Does anybody know what is that?

Best Regards,

Rodrigo

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Jan 07 '11, 7:56 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The source of your problems on the first server start was:

Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host DEV-EPDI.iacit.com.br, port 1433 has failed. Error: "Connection refused: connect. Verify the connection properties, check that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port, and that no firewall is blocking TCP connections to the port.".

That error implies that the DB server was not running, or the network between the Jazz server and the DB server was not working. It's possible that the DB server was started between you restarting your Jazz server? If you have verified that the Jazz server is running without errors you should be able to use the setup wizard to complete the configuration.

The weird thing is that when I restarted my server (Tomcat) and start again. I don't get errors on both links. Does anybody know what is that?

Best Regards,

Rodrigo

permanent link
Rodrigo Dellu (211) | answered Jan 06 '11, 3:14 p.m.

Best Regards,

Rodrigo

permanent link
Rodrigo Dellu (211) | answered Jan 06 '11, 12:37 p.m.
Thanks for the explanation.
As I said, this is my first time with Rational Team Consert.

Now these are the results. The first URL (https://myserver:9443/jts/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.serverStatus) gave me these error:

Database Status

CRJAZ0820I Failed to create the system scheme.
java.lang.RuntimeException: CRJAZ0820I Falha ao criar o esquema do sistema.
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService.reset(PersistentMappingService.java:120)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService.activate(PersistentMappingService.java:84)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.AbstractService.bindRequiredServices(AbstractService.java:188)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.bindRequiredServices(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:235)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:586)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.activate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:163)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.activate(BundleActivationManager.java:290)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.performActivation(BundleActivationManager.java:1589)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.access$2(BundleActivationManager.java:1574)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager$3.acquired(BundleActivationManager.java:573)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer.serviceAcquired(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:582)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer.access$1(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:566)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer$5.serviceAcquired(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:352)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ImportServiceRecord.acquire(ImportServiceRecord.java:116)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer$1.execute(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:64)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ServiceRecordContainer.doForService(ServiceRecordContainer.java:181)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ServiceRecordContainer.doForEach(ServiceRecordContainer.java:150)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ServiceRecordContainer.doForEach(ServiceRecordContainer.java:365)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer.acquire(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:303)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.acquireImportedServices(BundleActivationManager.java:234)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.acquireImportServiceRecords(BundleActivationManager.java:250)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.startSync(BundleActivationManager.java:2054)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.start(BundleActivationManager.java:2023)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.OsgiServicesManager.register(OsgiServicesManager.java:403)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.services.TeamServiceRegistry.registerServices(TeamServiceRegistry.java:325)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.services.TeamServiceRegistry.initialize(TeamServiceRegistry.java:286)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.services.TeamServiceRegistry.start(TeamServiceRegistry.java:367)
at com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet.init(AbstractTeamServerServlet.java:1306)
at com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.TeamServerServlet.init(TeamServerServlet.java:278)
at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:212)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.ServletManager$ServletWrapper.initializeDelegate(ServletManager.java:195)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.ServletManager$ServletWrapper.service(ServletManager.java:179)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ServletRegistration.handleRequest(ServletRegistration.java:90)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.processAlias(ProxyServlet.java:111)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.service(ProxyServlet.java:75)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
at org.eclipse.equinox.servletbridge.BridgeServlet.service(BridgeServlet.java:120)
at com.ibm.team.repository.server.servletbridge.JazzServlet.service(JazzServlet.java:62)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:563)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn.invoke(SingleSignOn.java:393)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:879)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:811)
Caused by: com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: The TCP/IP connection to the host DEV-EPDI.iacit.com.br, port 1433 has failed. Error: "Connection refused: connect. Verify the connection properties, check that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port, and that no firewall is blocking TCP connections to the port.".
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:130)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.JDBCConnectionPool.createEntry(JDBCConnectionPool.java:57)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.AbstractPool.getEntry(AbstractPool.java:200)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.JDBCConnectionPool.getConnection(JDBCConnectionPool.java:94)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService.reset(PersistentMappingService.java:99)
... 54 more
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(SQLServerException.java:170)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:1049)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:833)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(SQLServerConnection.java:716)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(SQLServerDriver.java:841)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.db.provider.AbstractDbProvider.getConnection(AbstractDbProvider.java:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:370)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:356)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56)
at $Proxy48.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:90)
... 58 more

The second URL (https://dev-epdi.iacit.com.br:9443/jts/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.componentStatus) gave me hundreds of errors...
Any idea?

Best Regards,

Rodrigo

When I say "your server" I mean whatever server you were previously using to access /jts/setup. Instead of visiting that URL on your server, you can visit the URLs I provided and hopefully some errors will be reported that will tell us what is wrong.

But first just to clarify, when you say my server you mean the embedded tomcat right?
In other words the command shell with the server startup information, right?

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Jan 06 '11, 12:01 p.m.
When I say "your server" I mean whatever server you were previously using to access /jts/setup. Instead of visiting that URL on your server, you can visit the URLs I provided and hopefully some errors will be reported that will tell us what is wrong.

But first just to clarify, when you say my server you mean the embedded tomcat right?

permanent link
Rodrigo Dellu (211) | answered Jan 06 '11, 11:48 a.m.
Sure,

Best Regards,

Rodrigo

It sounds like something about your server configuration is not quite right. Can you start your server and check the following things:

1. Are there any errors on the /jts/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.serverStatus or /jazz/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.serverStatus pages?

2. Are there any errors on the /jts/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.componentStatus or
/jazz/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.componentStatus pages?

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Jan 06 '11, 10:04 a.m.
It sounds like something about your server configuration is not quite right. Can you start your server and check the following things:

1. Are there any errors on the /jts/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.serverStatus or /jazz/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.serverStatus pages?

2. Are there any errors on the /jts/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.componentStatus or
/jazz/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.componentStatus pages?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.