It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Check-in trouble

Ron De Jong (7885) | asked Dec 23 '10, 9:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
A customer is running into an issue when checking in .jar files. Occasionally, when a checkin is attempted the following error message occurs:

"Check-in" has encountered a problem.

Checking-in changes to new change set

In Details:
Checking-in changes to new change set

Error during upload
Failed to upload file /swarelview/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/swarelviewliblocal.jar
Error uploading new contents of /swarelview/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/swarelviewliblocal.jar
Error during upload
Failed to upload file /swarelview/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/swarelviewliblocal.jar
Error uploading new contents of /swarelview/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/swarelviewliblocal.jar

The initial check-in works, but after that, when the file is replaced by a newer version outside of the RTC client and after RTC detects that the file has changed (in the Pending Changes view), the check-in fails with this message.

A similar issue is described in http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=40255
But the workaround suggested there (reloading workspace) is too cumbersome as it happens regularly.

Any ideas what could be causing this and if/how we can fix or work around this?

Environment: RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix4 on Redhat with WAS and Oracle. The RTC client is running on Windows.

2 answers

permanent link
Ron De Jong (7885) | answered Dec 24 '10, 3:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks Christophe!

Now that I know what is going on, I am able to reproduce the customers' problem as well. Being slightly impatient and not wanting to wait until Eclipse picks up the file change, I developed a habit of doing a manual Refresh of a file that is modified outside Eclipse. So, I never saw the problem myself.

So with RTC 2.0.0.2 you have two options: either refresh the file/project before checkin or enable the preference setting Team - Jazz Source Control - Local Changes - Look for external changes before modifying local files

permanent link
Christophe Lucas (86224948) | answered Dec 23 '10, 12:39 p.m.
This looks similar to what is stated in Enhancement 97133

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.