It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Integrating RTC and QNX

Dale Nilsson (11) | asked Dec 16 '10, 11:46 a.m.
I helped a customer integrate RTC and a C++ development environment from QNX that is based on eclipse. The QNX IDE is called Momentics and you can get more info at http://www.qnx.com. I thought I would post what I discovered in the forums so that anyone else that attempts this can benefit.

The first challenge was figuring out which version of eclipse to use. The integration was done in October 2010, so I used RTC 2.002. QNX has tool versions for eclipse 3.4, 3.5, and 3.6. Using IM (Installation Manager) with various versions and combos did not work. The QNX IDE has an uncommon install path and the they rename eclipse.exe to qde.exe.

After a lot of trial and error, I finally came up with a combo that worked. By using the p2 update with the eclipse 3.5 client on QNX v4.7 I was able to get a working RTC-QNX IDE. It has both the C++ tools and the RTC tasks and integrates with the RTC builds.

This integration is specific to these versions, and with the new RTC v3 there will likely be other variations that work or don't work. Stay tuned for the migration post-mortem at a later date.

-- Dale

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 16 '10, 12:27 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Dale,

I think this is really valuable. I have been asked for QNX before.
Thanks for sharing!

Ralph

I helped a customer integrate RTC and a C++ development environment from QNX that is based on eclipse. The QNX IDE is called Momentics and you can get more info at http://www.qnx.com. I thought I would post what I discovered in the forums so that anyone else that attempts this can benefit.

The first challenge was figuring out which version of eclipse to use. The integration was done in October 2010, so I used RTC 2.002. QNX has tool versions for eclipse 3.4, 3.5, and 3.6. Using IM (Installation Manager) with various versions and combos did not work. The QNX IDE has an uncommon install path and the they rename eclipse.exe to qde.exe.

After a lot of trial and error, I finally came up with a combo that worked. By using the p2 update with the eclipse 3.5 client on QNX v4.7 I was able to get a working RTC-QNX IDE. It has both the C++ tools and the RTC tasks and integrates with the RTC builds.

This integration is specific to these versions, and with the new RTC v3 there will likely be other variations that work or don't work. Stay tuned for the migration post-mortem at a later date.

-- Dale

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.