It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

No schema found for 'org.eclipse.ui.popupMenus' extension po

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103) | asked Dec 14 '10, 5:24 a.m.
Hello,
I am trying to configure RTC SDK 3.0 environment. I already followed steps from https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCSDK20_DevelopmentEnvironmentSetup#For_RTC_2_0_0_x_3_0.
Now when I am trying to add new extension in PDE manifest editor (extensions tab) from Eclipse extension points e.g. "org.eclipse.ui.popupMenus" I am receiving following error:
"No schema found for 'org.eclipse.ui.popupMenus' extension point"
As a consequence PDE manifest editor is useless for me and I must edit manually plugin.xml to add new extensions from Eclipse platform.

Is it bug in RTC SDK that schema are not added to Eclipse plugins? Is there any workaround?

9 answers

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered May 15 '12, 8:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Jeff, as mentioned in my last comment, I attached the schema to the work item I filed (#211674). I'm not aware of any other documentation on this extension point.

permanent link
Jeff Care (1.0k3833) | answered May 14 '12, 11:50 p.m.
I suggest subscribing to the work item to track its progress. I've attached the current schema there. Knowing the schema won't help you with changing the behaviour of an existing extension though. I suggest filing a separate enhancement request against Source Control, asking for what you need, and asking for advice on possible workarounds with the current support.

Nick:

Just to be clear here, Kanj is looking for the extension point schema because we are contributing extensions to that extension point. Since there is no schema currently the fields are something of a mystery; some are pretty obvious but others (scope, for example) are not.

I think the hope here is that the schema will help shed some light on the purpose of the various fields. Is it your impression that this won't be the case?

Is there any other documentation available for this extension point beyond examining the source of RTC's contributions?

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered May 14 '12, 1:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I suggest subscribing to the work item to track its progress. I've attached the current schema there. Knowing the schema won't help you with changing the behaviour of an existing extension though. I suggest filing a separate enhancement request against Source Control, asking for what you need, and asking for advice on possible workarounds with the current support.

permanent link
kanjbala jawahar (601815) | answered May 14 '12, 12:16 p.m.
I've filed https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/211674 for the missing schema. You should only need the schema if you're contributing your own extensions to that extension point. If you are, then you can get a good idea of the schema by looking at other extensions to that extension point (in the plugin.xml for the same plugin).

I am looking at making additional updates to an existing extension to extension point com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.subcommand. I am a novice at this and any help (including a schema) would be quite helpful.
Thanks for looking into it. Would you able to give me an idea as to what happens next? Or how soon I might be able to get an upgrade that gives me the access to this schema? Or are you aware of a work around?

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered May 14 '12, 11:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I've filed https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/211674 for the missing schema. You should only need the schema if you're contributing your own extensions to that extension point. If you are, then you can get a good idea of the schema by looking at other extensions to that extension point (in the plugin.xml for the same plugin).

permanent link
kanjbala jawahar (601815) | answered May 11 '12, 1:22 p.m.
No schema found for the com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.subcommand extension point.
How do I fix this?

I have target platform location pointing to rtc sdk 3.0.1.3.

permanent link
kanjbala jawahar (601815) | answered May 11 '12, 1:17 p.m.
No schema found for the com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.subcommand extension point.
How do I fix this?

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103) | answered Jan 17 '11, 10:49 a.m.
Tried and it helped for me. Thanks Nick again.

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Dec 15 '10, 10:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It's more of a bug in the Eclipse SDK. They should include the schema in the binary for the org.eclipse.ui plug-in, but instead it's only in the source plug-in, org.eclipse.ui.source.

I suggest downloading the Eclipse SDK (3.5.2) and either copying that single plugin jar to your PDE target platform, or add the whole Eclipse SDK as a location in your target platform. PDE should be able to sort out any version conflicts between the two.

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Dec 21 '10, 2:34 a.m. | edited Sep 30 '14, 8:14 a.m.

Nick, thank you for your reply. I will try it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.