It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

xulrunner issue on Linux - MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME - FIXED

Daniel Toczala (88211514) | asked Dec 10 '10, 4:51 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have run into an issue with xulrunner 1.9 on my Linux box. I am running Ubuntu Lucid (10.04), and I have the same issue everytime I bring up the Eclipse client and try to modify a work item. It keeps causing my Eclipse shell to throw errors with some strange advice about defining MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME. So I went in and changed my startup shell with this:

export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9.2.12

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME

It didn't help. So today I took an upgrade to the xulrunner package, and took on xulrunner 1.9.2.13 (1.9.2.13+build3+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.10.04.1). My problem has magically disappeared! if you are seeing the same types of issues, I suggest that you get to xulrunner 1.9.2.13, and see if it fixes your issues.

2 answers

permanent link
Greg Gorman (111) | answered Mar 25 '11, 4:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The only way I got this to work on my Lucid installation was to use Synaptic Package Manager and install the "eclipse" package (currently 3.5.2-2ubuntu4.2). Next time I started RTC I no longer got the xulrunner error.

/Greg

permanent link
Paul Komar (421) | answered Jun 08 '12, 5:12 p.m.
I resolved a problem like this by installing the 32-bit version of xulrunner

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.