It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Submitted assets and created community do not show

Ved Prakash (41129) | asked Dec 08 '10, 9:54 p.m.
Hi,

I have a new RAM instance 7.2.0.2 WAS 7.0.0.7. Whenever, assets are submitted - they do not show under "My Dashboard", Statistics tab, and Dashboard page. When users try to search the assets - it returns nothing.

Same with community - When I create a community - it is not dispalyed when I click on "Communities". The community is displayed when I click on Administration though.

Any ideas whats going on?

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Sheehan Anderson (1.2k4) | answered Dec 09 '10, 9:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It sounds like the asset indexer is not running. Communities are also stored as assets and this is why they are missing from the Communities tab. Navigate to Administration -> Tools -> View job status. Please provide a list of all job names that are in the jobs table.

Also, under Administration -> Configuration ensure that the index folder is set to an existing location for which WAS has write permission.

There may a helpful error in the ramJobServerDebug.log file. If you're on the latest 7.2.0.2 fix pack you should be able to download the logs from the Tools page.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.