It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I sync one CQ field to 2 RTC attributes?

Rachel Huang (361110) | asked Dec 08 '10, 7:29 p.m.
In ClearQuest, I have a stateless record, called "Project". The Project record stores the project name and its component list. When a user submits a defect, he/she will need to specify the project field, and based on the project value, the component field choice list is populated based on values in the project record. So, a defect record contains the project field and component field.

Now, in RTC, I have to map the Project to the "Filed Against" attribute, using the Project sync rule. But I also want to have the component choice list that depends on the value of "Filed Against". How do I achieve this?

Initially, I thought about creating another attribute called "Project" in RTC, and map the "Project" field in CQ to both "Filed Against" and "Project". However, once I mapped a CQ field, I don't seem to be able to map the same CQ field to another attribute.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks a lot!
Rachel

One answer

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Dec 09 '10, 10:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It sounds like you want to concatenate the values of the project and component fields to form the path of the work item category (displayed as Filed Against). For example, if the project value is "ClearQuest" and the component value is "Performance", then you want the Filed Against value to be set to "ClearQuest/Performance". If that is the case, please see the following section in the online help: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0/topic/com.ibm.team.connector.cq.doc/topics/t_edit_synch_rules_for_categories.html.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.