It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Access Stream class via server side RTC3.0 java packages

Kelly Anakwe (6198) | asked Dec 08 '10, 9:00 a.m.
Is there a way to query the system on existing SCM streams using server side java packages through the RTC3.0 API.
We are trying to put in an Operation advisor that queries ta stream name passed in and checks if such a stream exists and is associated with the named project area.
We are able to get the project area name without any issues via the process.common package, but the Stream class appears to only be accessible via the client java packages; scm.client etc and he validation methods I see require the JazzProvider object which is also only available via client side code (would have expected similar functionality in scm.common but unable to find it).
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Kelly

5 answers

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Apr 19 '12, 6:33 a.m.
You can only set the Owner name which could be a team area or a project area (for streams).

permanent link
Leandro Leal (14614245) | answered Apr 16 '12, 2:27 p.m.
Hi,
you have to perform a query using IScmQueryService which is an internal service.

You can use IWorkspaceSearchCriteria in order to set the stream name and then run the query.

Once you have the IWorkspace you can easily obtain the owner (Team or Project area).

Best Regards,
Michele.

Is there a way to query the system on existing SCM streams using server side java packages through the RTC3.0 API.
We are trying to put in an Operation advisor that queries ta stream name passed in and checks if such a stream exists and is associated with the named project area.
We are able to get the project area name without any issues via the process.common package, but the Stream class appears to only be accessible via the client java packages; scm.client etc and he validation methods I see require the JazzProvider object which is also only available via client side code (would have expected similar functionality in scm.common but unable to find it).
Thanks,
Kelly

the following code if I get a result but as I can filter by project area?

IWorkspaceManager wm = SCMPlatform.getWorkspaceManager(teamRepository);
IWorkspaceSearchCriteria wsSearchCriteria = IWorkspaceSearchCriteria.FACTORY.newInstance();
wsSearchCriteria.setKind(IWorkspaceSearchCriteria.STREAMS);
List <IWorkspaceHandle> workspaceHandles = wm.findWorkspaces(wsSearchCriteria, Integer.MAX_VALUE, null);

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Apr 16 '12, 5:33 a.m.
Hi,
you have to perform a query using IScmQueryService which is an internal service.

You can use IWorkspaceSearchCriteria in order to set the stream name and then run the query.

Once you have the IWorkspace you can easily obtain the owner (Team or Project area).

Best Regards,
Michele.

Thanks,
Kelly

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Apr 15 '12, 7:58 a.m.
there are only a few source events,(4) listed in the operation section of the process config. 1 is a client side event.

none seem to imply the data u want is available.

I'm not sure why the server would need to know this data.

permanent link
Leandro Leal (14614245) | answered Apr 14 '12, 8:09 p.m.
Thanks,
Kelly

I have the same question...................

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.