It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem running C/ALM query in RTC 2.0.0.2

Bill Higgins (4562523) | asked Dec 03 '10, 3:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
First, let me provide some background information then I will state my problem.

- We are using RTC 2.0.0.2 and RQM 2.0.0.1.
- We use the "Story" work item type to track major chunks of functionality.
- For this work item type we have a custom state ("Ready for Testing") that developers set when they are ready for a story to be tested by the test organization.

Recently we tried to use some of the C/ALM queries in RTC 2.0.0.2 to get visibility between development and test and we hit a problem. When we attempted to create a Dashboard viewlet with the query "Plan Items ready for testing" the viewlet displays the message:

"The state group 'com.ibm.team.rqm.stateGroup.readyForTesting' is not configured. Please set up the mapping in the work item process configuration section 'Change Management Type Binding'"

We are a bit confused about how to do what this error message is telling us to do. Could someone please explain:

1. What this error message actually means (i.e. the rationale behind it), and
2. More specific steps to do what it is telling us to do

Here is what I suspect is happening: We need to somehow make RTC aware that our custom Story state ("Ready for Testing") *means* "ready for testing". Perhaps it's just a matter of changing the state group for this state (currently its state group is "inprogress") but we would like to hear back before making this sort of change.

Thanks!
- Bill

One answer

permanent link
Erich Gamma (18687) | answered Dec 06 '10, 6:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Since work items are customizable and differ among project areas you need to define how logical states like ("ready for testing") map to the states defined in your project area.

This mapping is defined in the process templates, since this is an existing template this mapping needs to be defined manually. To do so open the project area editor>Configuration Data>Work Items>Change Management Type Binding. There you can define the mapping, e.g. Plan Item = Story, Ready for Testing State = "Ready for Testing"

--erich gamma
CLM Tech Lead

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.