It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Development license expired on dec 01

tibor herczeg (1611) | asked Dec 02 '10, 8:59 a.m.
Hi!

I'm trying to develop a component for RTC and since 3.0 was released i was updating my target platform to RTC 3.0 SDK.
I have followed the instructions how to create test rtc database and how to start the test rtc server 3.0 version, was working fine. It was all right until the 1st of December.
Now i can't deploy the predefined process templates nor create new project area. I get the following exception:

The user has a license that would normally allow this operation, but the server license has expired. You can install a permanent server license to re-enable this operation.ID CRJAZ1304I
com.ibm.team.repository.common.LicenseNotGrantedException

I tried adding the RTC 3.0 license update site to the target platform and also to the launch configuration but it didn't help. Recreating the test database didn't help. It still shows that the license has expired.

I have copied the following data from the server's license key management web ui:

Product Jazz Development
Description CRJAZ1236I A development time license is being used.
Maximum Users 10
Users with Counted Licenses 0
Expired On December 1, 2010 (1 day ago)
Default Client Access License Key None

I have also copied the status summary page from the server's web ui:

Change and Configuration Management - Core Libraries 3.0 (RTC-I20101112-1731)
Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries 3.0 (RJF-I20101112-0630)

Any suggestion how can i expand the development license period?

Tibor

11 answers

permanent link
tibor herczeg (1611) | answered Dec 08 '10, 8:28 a.m.
Hi!

Thank you Nick for filing a bug.

And thank you Matt for the idea. However i have followed your suggestion but unfortunatelly it didn't fix the issue. I could see that the server had loaded the CALs but they had the same status message as the 10 free licenses had:
Inactive (The "Build System" client access license type is not compatible with the "Jazz Development null" server license edition. Install a compatible client access license or change the server license key.)

The server didn't load the server licenses for some reason, and it still sais that it's a development time license and the expire date didn't change either.(I have included it in the target platform and added it to the launch configuration as well (as Bundle).)

The solution was that Nick posted but with some correction:
Imported the source for the com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.licensing plugin that contains the AbstractLicenseService class. In that at line 172 edited the calendar.set(2010, 11, 1); to something like calendar.set(2011, 11, 1);.
I also had to add the org.apache.commons.codec_1.3.0.v20080530-1600 plugin to the com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.licensing project's classpath otherwise it didn't compile.
Then the license at the license key management page said: Expires On December 1, 2011 (358 days remaining). Great!

Thank you for all the help!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.