It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Add diff/merge tools

sébastien etter (21687) | asked Apr 14 '08, 3:47 a.m.
I want to extend diff/merge Jazz SCM capabilities for a given file extension.

I had a conflit with a binary file and Jazz asked me to choose a merger tool in a list, how can i add my own merge tool ?

Thanks in advance.

Sbastien Etter
Alcatel-Lucent, R&D Effectiveness

2 answers

permanent link
Jean-Michel Lemieux (2.5k11) | answered Apr 14 '08, 9:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There are two parts to adding a diff/merge tool to Jazz. The first is to add a visual diff and the other a headless merge.

In Jazz we use the Eclipse compare framework, there is doc available at:

http://help.eclipse.org/help32/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/api/overview-summary.html

Take a look at the Compare APIs and the Compare examples.

Jean-Michel Lemieux
Jazz Source Control Team

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Oct 06 '09, 8:26 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I want to extend diff/merge Jazz SCM capabilities for a given file extension.

I had a conflit with a binary file and Jazz asked me to choose a merger tool in a list, how can i add my own merge tool ?

Thanks in advance.

Sbastien Etter
Alcatel-Lucent, R&D Effectiveness

Rational Team Concert 2.0.0.1 now supports custom external diff/merge tools. You can now use your favorite external compare tool. Go to the preferences page under Team > Jazz Source Control > External Compare Tools. You can choose from the predefined list of third party compare tools such as Scooter Software's Beyond Compare or you can specify your own custom setup.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.