It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add new pre condition to project

K M (38325051) | asked Nov 30 '10, 10:43 a.m.
wiki example says

Team Concert - Server Side Development with Process Preconditions

IMPORTANT NOTE: This video doesn't show it, but you have to add the new pre-condition to the project area before trying to debug your new pre-condition. As pre-conditions are deployed, they aren't active until they are associated with a particular project

How do you do this.........I do not see the new condition in the GUI selection list of workitems pre-conditon.

I end up with

Framework is launched.

id State Bundle
73 INSTALLED advisor.example_1.0.0.201011301023
162 RESOLVED com.ibm.team.examples.reports.common.nl1_2.0.2.v201006021315

the new advisor never becomes active.

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jul 17 '13, 10:10 a.m.
you install the plugin in the server/conf/ccm folder, and then use a ???.ini file in the provisioning folder to point to the folder and plugin.

then you must restart the server COLD to force it to reload plugins (by default it doesn't to speed up server startup)
I never can find that url when I need it!.. I have a small hack for tomcat

1 line batch file that causes the server to restart cold on startup
del tomcat\work\Catalina\localhost\ccm\built-on.txt

so I stopserver, run that 1 line, then startserver

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Nov 30 '10, 6:24 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
IMPORTANT NOTE: This video doesn't show it, but you have to add the new pre-condition to the project area before trying to debug your new pre-condition. As pre-conditions are deployed, they aren't active until they are associated with a particular project

How do you do this.........I do not see the new condition in the GUI selection list of workitems pre-conditon.

Once your server is up and running with your new precondition installed, your precondition will appear as an option in the project area editor.

To see this precondition, you'll want to open a project area in the Eclipse client and go to the Process Configuration tab. On that tab, expand the Team Configuration node and select "Operation Behavior". From there, you'll want to scroll down to the Save Work Item operation. If this operation is not yet configured, click the checkbox to configure preconditions for the operation. Finally, click the Add button in the Preconditions section. Your precondition should appear in the list of available options.

If it doesn't appear, check a few things:
1. Make sure your plugin is installed (it looks like you've done this already).
2. Make sure your plugin.xml correctly links your precondition with the Save Work Item operation (id="com.ibm.team.workitem.operation.workItemSave")
3. If you haven't already, restart your Eclipse client. The client caches the list of available preconditions that it receives from the server.

Hope that helps,
- Jared

Comments
kavita herur commented Jul 17 '13, 2:21 a.m.

I accept without adding pre condition to proejct area that wont be activated. I have small doubt on this. If there are already few Pre -condition and follow up condition how Do I know where(place ) it should be present.

Does order of Pre condition/Follow up condition added to project area configuration change way of execution?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.