It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to manually register applications with the Jazz Server

Adil Chahid (45524118) | asked Nov 25 '10, 12:01 a.m.
John Vasta from the Jazz Foundation team explained clearly how to unregister manually applications.
My question here is how do we register them manually?
What are the exact steps for registering applications that are used in the JTS Setup process?
Please advise.
Thanks!

If you want to try and completely undo the CCM registration and redo, try these steps:

1. In the JTS admin UI, go to the "Registered Applications" page and remove the application
(click on the X at the right of the application entry). For CCM and QM, an error message will
appear at the top saying something like
"An error occurred while deleting the friend entry: b46a5e4af7f04cef81aaa1cd45799f98"; that can
be ignored.
2. In the JTS admin UI, go to the "Consumers (Inbound)" page and delete the authorized key
for the application (if there is one).
3. In the application's admin UI, go to the "Friends (Outbound)" page and remove the entry for
the Jazz Team Server (if there is one).
4. In the applications admin UI, go to the "Consumers (Inbound)" page and remove the authorized key
for the Jazz Team Server (if there is one).
5. Log out of the admin UIs and shut down the server that the application is running in.
6. Edit the teamserver.properties file for the application (e.g. server/conf/ccm/teamserver.properties)
and if there is a line containing the property name "com.ibm.team.repository.server.jts.url",
delete it.
7. Search for any files named "pending-jts-friend.rdf", and delete them.
For Tomcat, they will be somewhere under the server/tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost folder.
For WAS, they will be under the WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/<profileName> folder.
8. Restart the application's server.
9. Register the application. If the application is running in the same server as the JTS, you can just run
the JTS setup wizard again; it should detect that the application is available for registration.
If the application is running in a separate server, then it can be registered in the "Registered Applications"
page of the JTS admin UI. Then, the application's setup wizard must be run to finalize the setup.

11 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 25 '10, 9:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I think John described that in step 9 below. The registration process should create all the friends and consumers automatically.

Ralph

John Vasta from the Jazz Foundation team explained clearly how to unregister manually applications.
What are the exact steps for registering applications that are used in the JTS Setup process?
Please advise.
Thanks!

If you want to try and completely undo the CCM registration and redo, try these steps:

1. In the JTS admin UI, go to the "Registered Applications" page and remove the application
(click on the X at the right of the application entry). For CCM and QM, an error message will
"An error occurred while deleting the friend entry: b46a5e4af7f04cef81aaa1cd45799f98"; that can
be ignored.
2. In the JTS admin UI, go to the "Consumers (Inbound)" page and delete the authorized key
3. In the application's admin UI, go to the "Friends (Outbound)" page and remove the entry for
4. In the applications admin UI, go to the "Consumers (Inbound)" page and remove the authorized key
5. Log out of the admin UIs and shut down the server that the application is running in.
6. Edit the teamserver.properties file for the application (e.g. server/conf/ccm/teamserver.properties)
and if there is a line containing the property name "com.ibm.team.repository.server.jts.url",
delete it.
For Tomcat, they will be somewhere under the server/tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost folder.
For WAS, they will be under the WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/<profileName> folder.
9. Register the application. If the application is running in the same server as the JTS, you can just run
the JTS setup wizard again; it should detect that the application is available for registration.
If the application is running in a separate server, then it can be registered in the "Registered Applications"
page of the JTS admin UI. Then, the application's setup wizard must be run to finalize the setup.

permanent link
Adil Chahid (45524118) | answered Nov 25 '10, 2:40 p.m.
Hi,

I think John described that in step 9 below. The registration process should create all the friends and consumers automatically.

Ralph

Please advise.
Thanks!

be ignored.
delete it.

Hi Ralph,
I thank you for pointing that out, but we want to understand how to reproduce step 9 manually, without using the setup wizard.
Any clue on how to do that?
Thanks!

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 25 '10, 3:29 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

9 refers to a register application in the JTS Admin pages.
Register applications is not only available in the setup, especially because we need to be able to register additional servers. Just look into the JTS Admin pages.

Ralph

Hi,

Ralph

Please advise.
Thanks!

be ignored.
delete it.

Hi Ralph,
I thank you for pointing that out, but we want to understand how to reproduce step 9 manually, without using the setup wizard.
Any clue on how to do that?
Thanks!

permanent link
Adil Chahid (45524118) | answered Nov 26 '10, 10:27 a.m.
Thanks, for the answer, we did previously tried that too but it failed as in the setup page.
So there is not other way to achive that registration (DB Entry or external script)?

Thanks all!

permanent link
Rafael Hermano (6) | answered Dec 12 '10, 4:58 p.m.
, , , !

http://mila-nm.by.ru

permanent link
Brian DiCola (29311415) | answered Jul 29 '11, 7:30 a.m.
Thanks, for the answer, we did previously tried that too but it failed as in the setup page.
So there is not other way to achive that registration (DB Entry or external script)?

Thanks all!

Nice thread. Any answer?

permanent link
mike brosnan (1011213) | answered Nov 07 '11, 5:39 a.m.
We wanted to use this procedure so that we could take a copy of our production database for running tests to resolve ongoing performance problems.

The copy of production has applications registered, I was able to un-register and re-run jts/setup. This worked ok for ccm.

For the admin application, I was able register again, but it seems that there is still a reference to the original JTS key. I think this is because of storage area keys being retained.

Should I use repotool-jts -deleteJFSResources to remove the admin storage area keys before running the jts setup wizard?

Is there any tech note available for taking a copy of production?

thanks

Mike Brosnan

permanent link
David Murray (11612) | answered Nov 07 '11, 1:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We wanted to use this procedure so that we could take a copy of our production database for running tests to resolve ongoing performance problems.

The copy of production has applications registered, I was able to un-register and re-run jts/setup. This worked ok for ccm.

For the admin application, I was able register again, but it seems that there is still a reference to the original JTS key. I think this is because of storage area keys being retained.

Should I use repotool-jts -deleteJFSResources to remove the admin storage area keys before running the jts setup wizard?

The admin application is the Lifecycle Project Administration app. New storage areas are created each time it is registered. You could delete the old storage areas optionally, but there should be no adverse affect if you don't. Unless many projects were created in LPA (<server>:<port>/admin/web), there should not be very much data in that storage area.

permanent link
mike brosnan (1011213) | answered Nov 09 '11, 9:46 a.m.

The admin application is the Lifecycle Project Administration app. New storage areas are created each time it is registered. You could delete the old storage areas optionally, but there should be no adverse affect if you don't. Unless many projects were created in LPA (<server>:<port>/admin/web), there should not be very much data in that storage area.

We get diagnostic errors for the LPA app

WARNINGS:
The consumer key 9f1c4ca0bc044040922596f73b058915 used by the
storage area com.ibm.team.lpa.5536daa3-78a7-4141-84f3-9cba4a6e9c47 does
not exist.
storage area com.ibm.team.lpa.5536daa3-78a7-4141-84f3-9cba4a6e9c47.
configs does not exist.
index does not exist.
projects does not exist.
templates does not exist.

Can I ignore this warning? Do I use repotool-jts -deleteJFSResources to remove?

thanks

Mike.

permanent link
David Murray (11612) | answered Nov 10 '11, 11:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can I ignore this warning? Do I use repotool-jts -deleteJFSResources to remove?

If the application at <server>/admin/web is functioning properly, I think those warnings are safe to ignore.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.