It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz Foundation and RTC : How are the related ?

Alexander Reis (1621) | asked Nov 24 '10, 11:00 a.m.
Good afternoon all.

I've just downloaded and installed the RTC 3.0 using the Installation Manager.
When I typed the URL : https://localhost:9443/jazz/setup I received a 404 error. Checking the <InstallDir>JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\webapps I saw that the jazz.war file is missing. I was wondering if I had to have the Jazz Foundation first. Any help would be appreciated.

6 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Nov 24 '10, 11:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Good afternoon all.

When I typed the URL : https://localhost:9443/jazz/setup I received a 404 error. Checking the <InstallDir>JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\webapps I saw that the jazz.war file is missing. I was wondering if I had to have the Jazz Foundation first. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi

You need to use the location https://localhost:9443/jts/setup rather than jazz/setup.

What we have done with v3 products is have core functionality in the Jazz Team Server app (in an app called JTS) then the change control bits in an application called CCM. Do you see those in the tomcat directory?

You are most likely all installed - you just need to start the setup from the new web address.

Let us know if that works for you.

regards

anthony

permanent link
Alexander Reis (1621) | answered Nov 24 '10, 1:52 p.m.
Good afternoon all.

Hi

You need to use the location https://localhost:9443/jts/setup rather than jazz/setup.

What we have done with v3 products is have core functionality in the Jazz Team Server app (in an app called JTS) then the change control bits in an application called CCM. Do you see those in the tomcat directory?

You are most likely all installed - you just need to start the setup from the new web address.

Let us know if that works for you.

regards

anthony

Thank you very much for you help Anthony. It worked perfectly. Now I struglling in integrating the Client for Eclipse with my Eclipse(Helios)

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Nov 24 '10, 5:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thank you very much for you help Anthony. It worked perfectly. Now I struglling in integrating the Client for Eclipse with my Eclipse(Helios)

No problem.

re: Eclipse and the RTC client - how are you trying to install the RTC plugin into your Eclipse? Are you using Installation Manager? That is generally a good option as it checks you have all the right Eclipse plugins installed.

anthony

permanent link
Alexander Reis (1621) | answered Nov 25 '10, 1:18 p.m.

No problem.

re: Eclipse and the RTC client - how are you trying to install the RTC plugin into your Eclipse? Are you using Installation Manager? That is generally a good option as it checks you have all the right Eclipse plugins installed.

anthony

Good afternoon Anthony. How are you ?

Ive checked that Eclipse version needed by the RTC plugin is 3.5.x. Helios, the one I have installed is 3.6.x. Any way, I ve installed Gallileo which is 3.5.x and tried to installl the RTC plugin via Installation Manager but it seems that even after I got it updated the Installation Manager complains about missing features. Any tips on this maater ? Thanks

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Nov 25 '10, 1:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

No problem.

anthony

Ive checked that Eclipse version needed by the RTC plugin is 3.5.x. Helios, the one I have installed is 3.6.x. Any way, I ve installed Gallileo which is 3.5.x and tried to installl the RTC plugin via Installation Manager but it seems that even after I got it updated the Installation Manager complains about missing features. Any tips on this maater ? Thanks

Hi again

If you are installing into standard Eclipse - you may need to install some other Eclipse plugins first, before you can install RTC successfully. RTC client should work in Eclipse 3.6 and 3.5. THe

Look at the Help files here:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0/index.jsp

and then follow this path to the Installing into Eclipse

Installing and upgrading > Installing Rational Team Concert > Installing Rational Team Concert Client

In older releases, you needed to install various other plugins to Eclipse first (for example, EMF) but this appears to be made simpler in this release.

I have not tried installing into plain Eclipse (yet) - so interested in your feedback if this works for you.

anthony

permanent link
Alexander Reis (1621) | answered Nov 26 '10, 8:08 a.m.

No problem.

anthony

Hi again

If you are installing into standard Eclipse - you may need to install some other Eclipse plugins first, before you can install RTC successfully. RTC client should work in Eclipse 3.6 and 3.5. THe

Look at the Help files here:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0/index.jsp

and then follow this path to the Installing into Eclipse

Installing and upgrading > Installing Rational Team Concert > Installing Rational Team Concert Client

In older releases, you needed to install various other plugins to Eclipse first (for example, EMF) but this appears to be made simpler in this release.

I have not tried installing into plain Eclipse (yet) - so interested in your feedback if this works for you.

anthony

Good morning Anthony. How are you ?

Thanks again for your reply.

My first shot was in installing the RTC Eclipse plugin in Helios (3.6.x) as I told you before. It didnt work at all for me. Installation Manager stated that the version of the Eclipse I was trying to extend wasn't supported. So I downloaded the previous version , Galileo(3.5.x), tried the installation again and got the above mentioned error . Something related with some nls packages missing. After some digging on google I've found other people with the same problem. This is a know issue while installing other language package than english. To work around this issue I've just had to unselect the Portuguese option. After that I could get it installed without any further problems.

Have a nice weekend.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.