It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom Attributes Sequencing

Roger Scott (96146) | asked Nov 24 '10, 4:12 a.m.
I have set up a list of custom attributes and need them to be shown in the Defect in a specific sequence. How can this be achieved?

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 24 '10, 7:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Roger,

I assume you are referring to the custom tab. this is only available in the Eclipse Client and really only a temporary solution. To have the attributes show up in the we UI or to change what shows up where you have to change the Editor Presentations. Please see: http://jazz.net/library/article/130.

Ralph

I have set up a list of custom attributes and need them to be shown in the Defect in a specific sequence. How can this be achieved?

permanent link
Roger Scott (96146) | answered Nov 24 '10, 7:53 a.m.
Thanks Ralph,
I've gone through the document and associated documents you mentioned however I can find nothing to help solve my problem. Perhaps my initial description was insufficient.
I want to show the Custom Attributes that I have in a specific sequence on the Work Item Display e.g. I have 3 attributes:
id
name
impact
and I require these attributes with their values to be shown in this sequence and not in an arbitrary sequence as is the case I have.
I have a feeling that this is not possible. Can you confirm?
Regards
Roger

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 24 '10, 8:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Roger,

since you did not provide the version of RTC, use the Eclipse client open the project area editor, in the process customization for work items is an Editor Presentation entry where you can edit the presentations for work items. There you can create your own presentation, Tab etc that shows the attributes in any UI in any sequence you want it to. You just add your attribute presentation where you want it.
I'd suggest to play with it in a testbed.

Ralph

Thanks Ralph,
I've gone through the document and associated documents you mentioned however I can find nothing to help solve my problem. Perhaps my initial description was insufficient.
I want to show the Custom Attributes that I have in a specific sequence on the Work Item Display e.g. I have 3 attributes:
id
name
impact
and I require these attributes with their values to be shown in this sequence and not in an arbitrary sequence as is the case I have.
I have a feeling that this is not possible. Can you confirm?
Regards
Roger

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.