It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Marketing question: Upgrade v2 to v3, licenses

Martin Erzberger (131199) | asked Nov 23 '10, 3:21 p.m.
Hello

It appears that we get all previous v2 user licenses back with v3, including the "10 free" licenses for the edition that we purchased with v2.

What does not seem to be compensated is the actual server license, which did cost lots of money.

Can a deal be made that as part of the upgrade of the "early adopters" some additional developer licenses are granted?

Thanks and best regards,

Martin

2 answers

permanent link
Martin Erzberger (131199) | answered Nov 24 '10, 2:18 a.m.
Every server license gets mapped 1:3 for an equivalent RTC Developer license (Authorized User).

It appears that the mapping is actually 1:10, not 1:3 (probably due to the "10 free" initiative of this spring). To be sure I have to install first a productive version. In my test setup, the server wanted to contact the Rational License Center to validate 10 licenses (after I uploaded the "mapping license"), but I canceled at this step, not wanting to waste any licenses just for testing.

So the logic is this, if I understand correctly: Before, we paid for a server, and got 10 clients "for free". Now, we get the server "for free", but not any client licenses. Upgrade from v2 to v3 thus basically entitles for the former free client licenses.

Thanks for the clarification and best regards,

Martin

permanent link
Rolf Nelson (617159) | answered Nov 23 '10, 9:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello

It appears that we get all previous v2 user licenses back with v3, including the "10 free" licenses for the edition that we purchased with v2.

What does not seem to be compensated is the actual server license, which did cost lots of money.

Can a deal be made that as part of the upgrade of the "early adopters" some additional developer licenses are granted?

Thanks and best regards,

Martin

Every server license gets mapped 1:3 for an equivalent RTC Developer license (Authorized User). For example, if you purchased an RTC Express server you will receive 3 authorized user RTC Developer for Workgroup licenses. If you purchased an RTC Standard or Enterprise server you will receive 3 authorized user RTC Developer licenses. This entitlement will occur in Passport Advantage for all licenses under active maintenance on 11/23/2010. Going forward your maintenance will go down as your 3.0 entitlement will replace the server with 3 Developer licenses (AU).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.