It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

removing a user

Dan Vilmure (1144) | asked Nov 18 '10, 9:11 a.m.
New to Team Concert: team concert level 2.0.0.2 ifix 4 with DB2 9.5.3 attached to Active Directory. In user management i created a user. I want to remove that user but i can not understand how to do that. Also, since we are using Active Directory, do I have to create the users in user management or are they qualified through active directory.

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Toczala (88211514) | answered Nov 18 '10, 11:30 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You cannot really remove a user in Team Concert. The issue is that the user may have other things that reference the user record. You can archive the user, which has the same effect (the user can no longer do anything, cannot log in, does not have valid credentials).

Now if you are using LDAP, then user records will be created as needed, when the LDAP sync job runs (usually once a night). Any user records in LDAP that satisfy the LDAP queries that you have for users and LDAP user groups, that do not have a corresponding Jazz user, will then have a Jazz user ID created for them. You will still need to go into the admin panel and give the user the appropriate license(s) and assign them to the appropriate projects/teams.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.